Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time LH - advice please

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:08 am
Original Poster

First time LH - advice please

I'm flying LHR-FRA-GVA on a combination of AB6s (presumably 300-600) and 321s. I'm *G with BD. It's not an e-ticket (because apparently they can't do e-tix out of GVA).

Is there any way I can preselect seats? Can I telephone check-in up to 24hrs in advance, or is that only for M&M members? Any other tips?

Thanks
Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
AFIK, you can only ask for your preferred seats at checkin at LHR.

The only other thought that comes to mind is if your travel agent can request seats as part of the booking.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:16 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
Is there any way I can preselect seats? Can I telephone check-in up to 24hrs in advance, or is that only for M&M members? Any other tips?
</font>
Are you flying coach? In that case you cannot preselect seats on LH intra-Europe. If you fly in C, then just call LH to reserve your seat.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Yes I'm flying coach. BD allow their frequent flyers to check in via telephone and get seat assignment 24hr before the flight - I wondered whether LH did the same (as I believe BD uses LH software).
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:32 am

If you have a LH tix, then you can ckin per telephone regardless of booking class or m&m status. For LHR the telephone number is +44-84 57737310. For the best bet, don't call up before 1800 for a flt leaving the next morning.
And that's true, GVA is a non-etix route. All of Switzerland is non-etix. Still. ZRH will become an etix airport starting the end of March. Hopefully the others will soon follow!
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shooflypie:
If you have a LH tix, then you can ckin per telephone regardless of booking class or m&m status. For LHR the telephone number is +44-84 57737310. For the best bet, don't call up before 1800 for a flt leaving the next morning.
And that's true, GVA is a non-etix route. All of Switzerland is non-etix. Still. ZRH will become an etix airport starting the end of March. Hopefully the others will soon follow!
</font>
Shooflypie,

this has to be the most informative first post of any member on the LH board. Welcome to flyertalk. Am I correct in guessing from the thorough info you provided and your hometown that you are not only a frequent customer of LH?

Old Feb 25, 2003, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Thank you shooflypie! My flights leaves at 13:05, so I'll wait till 1800 the day before to call them. Any seat advice? Will they block the seat next to me if they're not full? And is the convertible C/Y seating the same as BD - ie go for A/C on the front row of Y?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:48 pm

Wingnut,

seating in C and Y is the same and the first row in Y is no different than the 5th., 6th .... Dont believe LH seatmaps for european cabin outfits, in my experience they are not different to the intra german ones, ie. in an A321 C is still 3-3 seating and not 2-3 as the seatmap suggests. They will do 2-3, but only if the plane is not full and the seats on DEF side are not wider than in Y.

For more legroom, go for row 34 on the A300-600, on the A321 its row 24, but there you will have no window even in a window seat. When travelling with carry on only, I chose 11D on the 321 (Y bulkhead), first in Y to get off but aceptable legroom due to no row in front of you (at least for one leg, but beware of knee-smashing carts during service time

If you are not that much legroom concious as I am, any seat is the same apart from the last row and rows in front of an emergency exit (both have limited or no recline).

As far as I know LH doesnt block neighbouring seats for *G, only SEN.

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by paulusst (edited 02-25-2003).]
Old Feb 25, 2003, 8:54 pm
Patron

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paulusst:
As far as I know LH doesnt block neighbouring seats for *G, only SEN.</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ILOVELH:
FYI: *A Gold Card holder are entitled to the same privileges as SENs.</font>

Old Feb 26, 2003, 1:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paulusst:
Wingnut,

seating in C and Y is the same and the first row in Y is no different than the 5th., 6th .... Dont believe LH seatmaps for european cabin outfits, in my experience they are not different to the intra german ones, ie. in an A321 C is still 3-3 seating and not 2-3 as the seatmap suggests. They will do 2-3, but only if the plane is not full and the seats on DEF side are not wider than in Y.

For more legroom, go for row 34 on the A300-600, on the A321 its row 24, but there you will have no window even in a window seat. When travelling with carry on only, I chose 11D on the 321 (Y bulkhead), first in Y to get off but aceptable legroom due to no row in front of you (at least for one leg, but beware of knee-smashing carts during service time

If you are not that much legroom concious as I am, any seat is the same apart from the last row and rows in front of an emergency exit (both have limited or no recline).

As far as I know LH doesnt block neighbouring seats for *G, only SEN.

Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by paulusst (edited 02-25-2003).]
</font>
Whenever flying BUD to DUS, connecting either in MUC or FRA the BUD flights on a 321 had a 2-3 configuration, I can not think of one exception in the last 24 months, but of course this may apply to BUD flights only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.