Search

Miles and More certificates on eBay.de

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2003, 8:35 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Miles and More certificates on eBay.de

I was just browsing eBay after reading the comment cocerning the resale value of the Senator baggage tags. I noticed that there are quite a few transferible Miles and More certificates out there for sale, mostly for 20,000 miles.

Now I have received miles before from Lufthansa for complaints but they always directly deposit the miles.

Where do these certificates come from? Was there some kind of promotion?

And then another comment in general about the resale of the miles - some people are paying really high prices for the miles. In one auction the price has almost hit 2.5 Euro cents per mile. Crazy.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 9:08 am

these ebay folks imho are crazy all the time. i sold so many "worthless" items for reasonable returns - and it was real fun.

the certificates are from non-flight related specials and possible to credit on all accounts. even the 20.000 certificate comes from a Financial-Times promo still available. it is the compensation for a 1-year subscription.

personally i wouldn´t buy stuff like that - it is against the rules. problem is: a ebay partner is able to blackmail you. i guess you are not interested in getting your account with a 6-figures balance cancelled by LH :-)

pricing sometimes too high - sometimes reasonable for people who want to reach a certain award level.

[This message has been edited by PBateman (edited 01-28-2003).]
Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:03 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Why does LH not undermine these illegal actions of trade on eBay ?
The same for UA. So many SWUs...
Old Jan 28, 2003, 11:43 pm
Original Member

I am not sure, if selling miles VOUCHERS is against the rules. I understand that a LH MM member must no sell awards etc. But these miles vouchers are not yet credited to an account, so I believe that selling them is legal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.