Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetfriends: LH kids programme or regular M&M?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Sixt, Hertz, Europcar
Miles on accounts of minors don't expire if registered with Jetfrieds

For people with children who have MM accounts:

I just found out that miles on MM accounts owned by children (2-17) don't expire anymore if they are registered with Jetfriends.

It is nowhere on the website but MM confirmed it on the phone.

I thought I had read this here in the forum somewhere but I couldn't find it. So if it is a double post please disregard...

Also they get 2000 miles extra if they register now.

Christian

For info:
Jetfriends is LHs tool to grow addicts like us.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:30 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by berenike
(...)
For info:
Jetfriends is LHs tool to grow addicts like us.
My daughter is a heavy user...

Thanks for the info anyway, I didn't know about that. ^
Old Oct 28, 2006, 4:16 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
My two kids are in JetFriends, and so far, no miles have expired. That said, JetFriends is probably only 18 months old (?) so it might be to early to tell.

They got specially branded JetFriends M&M cards, which the check-in staff always seem surprised to see, even now. I guess not many parents have put their kids in it?

I wonder if they do a silver/gold JetFriends card? I think mine will just about hit FTL this year, so we'll have to see what drops through the post.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 5:56 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
"Please note that for legal reasons, residents of the United States cannot currently sign up for this service."

Ouch! That would really help my 3 little ones. Oh well...
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:41 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Sixt, Hertz, Europcar
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
I wonder if they do a silver/gold JetFriends card? I think mine will just about hit FTL this year, so we'll have to see what drops through the post.
No. I was told there are no separate status cards. So you should take the original FTL/SEN cards of your kids with you.

Christian
Old Feb 7, 2007, 5:41 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by berenike
For people with children who have MM accounts:

I just found out that miles on MM accounts owned by children (2-17) don't expire anymore if they are registered with Jetfriends.

It is nowhere on the website but MM confirmed it on the phone.
Just to confirm: My offspring received welcome letters clearly stating that miles do not expire and 2,000 extra points for sign-up. Wish I was younger
Old Mar 27, 2007, 3:21 am

Programs: LH Sen; BA Gold; HH Diamond; *W Gold
Question LH kids programme or regular M&M?

My son just turned 2 and will take his first Intercontinental flight with his own seat and 80% of the full fare this weekend.
Now I want to get at least some miles for his fare and have to decide where to sign him up.
Regular M&M gives a higher sign up bonus, also for me.
However, he will probably not get any status until CY 2009 and I have no experience if miles would expire for him.

Questions:
Will miles expire for minors on the regular M&M?
Are there any other benefits of the kids program, which he would not get on the regular program?

Cheers
chapinpirulin
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by chapinpirulin
My son just turned 2 and will take his first Intercontinental flight with his own seat and 80% of the full fare this weekend.
Now I want to get at least some miles for his fare and have to decide where to sign him up.
However, he will probably not get any status until CY 2009 and I have no experience if miles would expire for him.

Questions:
Are there any other benefits of the kids program, which he would not get on the regular program?

Cheers
chapinpirulin
I would enroll him in the regular program to get the bonus and then sign him up with jetfriends.com, so that his miles won't expire. Is that the kids program you were refering to? If you don't the miles expire after three years.

Regards

Christian
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:43 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by chapinpirulin

Questions:

Cheers
chapinpirulin
benefits from jetfriends.com:

- Access to the JetFriends Community
- Your own JetFriends e-mail address
- Your very own JetFriends Club Card
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: LH and BA
Jet Freinds and Elite

I have curious question. My daughter is 3 and SEN, and I think of enrolling her in the Jet Friends program as she loves flying (obviously), and loves to play on the computer.

What happens to her status?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:54 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
My daughter is 3 and SEN
Does she like the Whisky selection in the FCT when travelling with you ?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 10:53 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
She will keep her status no matter whether she is JetFriends or "standard" M&M. SEN with three should be one of the youngest around. I hope you don't want to make her an HON by the age of 4.....
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:30 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I hope you don't want to make her an HON by the age of 4.....
Maybe this would be an entry in the guiness world record book worth.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:00 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by szg
Maybe this would be an entry in the guiness world record book worth.
Actually in one of the many LH magazines about 2-3 years ago they had a story about the youngest Senator. But nothing about the youngest HON...
The big issue for me is that Baby DUF is to young to officially join M&M. Unless I made an error with her age.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:40 am

Hello,

My daughter just made to FT (Silver) she is also 3 years old....

It did sign up for her account (old TravelClub) back when she was 1 month old .... ...

She got her Jet Friend card 2 years ago.... but she has not got her new FT card yet....

But I think that no status is lost nor any miles.... if you get her FT or SEN..

kooks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.