Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for Senator tags

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2001, 8:55 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Mine are overdue... miles posted in Dec 23, and Im still waiting....
Old Jan 29, 2001, 3:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Gaucho100K - you need to have a home, so they can send them to an address

I have the same problem with some companies.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 6:22 am

The thread reminds my of my friends status qualification:
first he received an FTL package instead of the SEN package and another 6 weeks later the SEN package arrived.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 6:44 am
hch

Originally Posted by Oliver
But I consider this more a feature rather than a bug since you need to be a German resident to get the CC and you need not to be a German resident to get SEN for 100k =
You need a German bank account for the M&M CC, you do NOT need to a German resident.

[Edit: just noticed I replied to a really old posting, nevermind..]
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:10 am

Programs: Aguas Claras
Why does anyone want to use those awful red tags anyway?

And I also never understood the strange habit of adding tag-upon-tag on the same bags by some FF's.

Over the past 15 years, I have been given 6 sets of them and always threw them away...
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by unknowns

And I also never understood the strange habit of adding tag-upon-tag on the same bags by some FF's.

Over the past 15 years, I have been given 6 sets of them and always threw them away...
I might use a somewhat oversized handluggage at times. The red tag gives somewhat more leeway.

SmilingBoy.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:48 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold

Have a look at this thread and you can get an idea what the luggage tags can be useful for.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Wow, You got 6 sets?
I only got 1 tag-set when arriving Senator-Status. The next 2 times I only got the new VISA Senator card.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
I might use a somewhat oversized handluggage at times. The red tag gives somewhat more leeway.

SmilingBoy.
Leeway ? I generally carry slightly oversized hand luggage and do not have the need for the red tag. Flying business class, it hasn't been an issue for me. Upon checking in, they can see I am SEN so no need to see the red tag as well. Luckily I haven't encountered any check-in agent with short-term memory loss yet...

I only rarely fly Y (internal Brazil) and even there it has not been an issue. In any case, Varig couldn't care less about a red tag dangling from my hand luggage (well, they didn't care about many things but that is another topic).

Heard of a former colleague, who tried to hand-carry some metal sieves for a laboratory from the US to Argentina. Check-in agent told him to check it in and he said "sure, after you provide me with a $ 1 mio insurance on this".... he hand-carried the items...

Check-in agent knows your status so tag should not matter (unless of course you haven't qualified and are back to FTL status now, does that help somehow?)....
Sometimes before actually boarding the plane a person will check for size of luggage and I have seen them taking luggage away from people for check-in right before the door. Is it here that maybe an advantage exists ? (SEN status on boarding pass also could be helpful here, no ?).

Originally Posted by reiner
Wow, You got 6 sets?
I only got 1 tag-set when arriving Senator-Status. The next 2 times I only got the new VISA Senator card.
Once for FTL, once for SEN, once SEN after I had moved to Asia, once more SEN after I had moved to Malaysia, FTL after I moved back to Switzerland (didn't fly much while in Malaysia...) and another SEN once i re-qualified.

Last edited by unknowns; Aug 23, 2006 at 2:52 am
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:47 am

Sometimes before actually boarding the plane a person will check for size of luggage and I have seen them taking luggage away from people for check-in right before the door. Is it here that maybe an advantage exists ? (SEN status on boarding pass also could be helpful here, no ?).
You should have had a look at the link I posted above. Actually that was what we discussed in this thread. It's not about check-in. In my experience check-in agents don't care about your hand-luggage. Why should they do so? They probably can't even see what you will or try to carry on. The SEN tags can be useful when boarding the plane and the important word in this sentence is "can" as it is never sure that the tags will help you here. But there is a good chance that they will.

Cheers
totti
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by totti
The SEN tags can be useful when boarding the plane and the important word in this sentence is "can" as it is never sure that the tags will help you here.
So weigh up that possible advantage against the certainty of looking a just a bit of a prat
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
So weigh up that possible advantage against the certainty of looking a just a bit of a prat
IMHO a guy who uses the red tags is not a prat. He only knows what the tags are made for... for the use on luggage. I just use the tag at one trolley and I sometimes check-in this trolley and sometimes I use it as carry on. Why should I always put the tag on and off? For me that latter would be the real strange behavior.

But IMHO it would be also strange to put such a tag at a bag that one would never check in e.g. a notebook case.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IMHO a guy who uses the red tags is not a prat.
Sorry, totti, I guess that came out quite offensive. I hope the red tag continues works for you. If it doesn't, you can get a decent price for it Ebay.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sorry, totti, I guess that came out quite offensive. I hope the red tag continues works for you. If it doesn't, you can get a decent price for it Ebay.
Yes you are right with ebay. And if I should ever make it to HON I can sell the black HON tags for much more. I have seen an auction where someone paid more than 50 EUR for such stupid tags.

Cheers
totti
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:38 am

I have seen an auction where someone paid more than 50 EUR for such stupid tags.

Cheers
totti
I guess I should not have thrown mine away then....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.