Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Statistics: How many HON's, SEN's, FTL's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Nick Art
And even La Compagnie was struggeling for quite some time! They had to cancel the London - New York route, despite having a load factor of 77%. So economically they are still rather fragile. I'm quite happy that they seem to be doing quite fine currently
Yes, LH has been cutting F cabins, not Y cabins. PE works well for airlines, as costs (seats, FAs, meals, other services) remain low and competition is not racing to provide the most extravagant services.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: LO
Originally Posted by hugolover
the operating carrier pays for the lounge access, not the FFP. So accessing SEN lounge on a LH flight with a A3 Gold and LH pays.
Interesting because UA MP does not give access to lounges on domestic flights in the US but LH SEN does. I thought that Y --> FFP pays, C --> the operating carrier pays. Not a good deal for UA if it is as you mentioned.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
You can be a GS on United and still not get lounge access. How messed up is that?

its probably to reduce crowding, but then there are still so many people because they have those one time passes from the credit cards.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
So does anyone want to tell us how many HONS, SENS and FTLS there actually are?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:15 am

This FT myth must be put to bed. As oliver2002 will confirm (and probably even posted it first) the operating carrier pays for the lounge access, not the FFP. So accessing SEN lounge on a LH flight with a A3 Gold and LH pays.

I can also recall him posting the FTL/SEN lounge prices and they were in the low Euros. Like €3 for FTL and €4ish for SEN? Thats years ago...but its not a lot.
I read somewhere here that your originating airline actually paid, except when lounge access was accessible through the ticket. So when I am entering a SEN lougne, LX pays. But if I am entering a F lounge on a LH F ticket, LH pays.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:49 am

Who says LH is making so much from your discounted A class tickets? If you're only paying that, I'm quite sure there is someone sitting behind you in C who has paid the same or more and costs LH far less in catering, lounges, miles liability, crewing, fuel, baggage & pax handling etc. Pax on Y fares are many, many more times more profitable than you on those discounted First fares.

LH have done the dumpy dumpy on their F cabins for as long as I have been interested in collecting points.
When you step back and look at it from this perspective, your argument is respectfully, nonsense.
It doesn’t make sense to compare discounted fares with full fares. You can only compare discounted fares with other discounted fares and full fares with full fares. And doing that, a F pax is of course more profitable than C, Y+ and Y taking the same space. Always. Just imagine the case of a delayed flight a delayed flight where the airline is due to pay EC261 compensation.

The reason, why you can not compare discounted fares with full fares is, that they are different kinds of customers. Discounted F will not fly full C usually and vice versa. Of course a plane full of full F fare pax only (and F seats only) is the most profitable one. But the number of full F pax is very limited, like the number of full C pax as well. You only fly full fare, if you don‘t care about money (because you have far too much or - most likely - because it’s not you who is paying the ticket) or if you have to fly on a specific flight and no cheaper seat is available.

But a F pax is not the same as a F seat, because while you can dump Y fares, it is more difficult with F fares. The biggest enemy of high-priced products is dumping prices, especially for sales. That is the reason for partner sales.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by thbe

And doing that, a F pax is of course more profitable than C, Y+ and Y taking the same space.
That sort of statement is a dream for creative accounts to support or discredit.

PS I'm not sure what you mean by the caveat "taking the same space". Passengers in those three categories manifestly do not take the same space: perhaps you are referring to unit floor space of the relevant cabins - in which case the revenue side is straightforward to account for: the cost side is where the fun starts.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by johnirvine
So does anyone want to tell us how many HONS, SENS and FTLS there actually are?
The short answer is "no".

The long answer is: Very few people are really in the know and these people will most likely not make the information public. So we will have to live with speculation.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:59 am

I sometimes ask to the MdC on long haul flights, as the MdC greets SENs and HONs. On a a340/a330, there are about 5-10 SENs and generally 1 HON.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:07 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Nic33
I sometimes ask to the MdC on long haul flights, as the MdC greets SENs and HONs. On a a340/a330, there are about 5-10 SENs and generally 1 HON.
SENs as in actual Senators or including other FFP *G?
I ask this because a lot of ppl (including employees) have the opinion they are the exact same, even tough there is a difference in reality.
As *G you always get greeted on LH/LX flights as well.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:18 am

Not sure. I will ask next time... True that they may be quite a lot of *G on any given flight.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:19 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Not sure. I will ask next time... True that they may be quite a lot of *G on any given flight.
My bet is that your numbers are including *G.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:31 pm

Well, as a SEN, I have the feeling I get greeted less and less these days.

For example, a year or two ago I was always greeted and received a bottle of water and a refreshing towel before take off on feeder flights from Germany to ZRH. Now I hardly ever get greeted.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:24 pm

Yeah, I never get any greetings or goodies on EU flights, neither from LX nor LH.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:35 pm

Yeah, I never get any greetings or goodies on EU flights, neither from LX nor LH.
I used to, but not anymore. And even long-haul I usually only get greeted when flying F, but not because of the status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.