Search

Statistics: How many HON's, SEN's, FTL's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Statistics: How many HON's, SEN's, FTL's

Hi,

Is there any statistics... I am just wondering how many HON's, SEN's and FTL's relative to all M&M members does LH have...

Tomek
Old Jan 7, 2007, 9:51 am

Very good question in deed.

I just asked that myself over dinner with a friend last night.

If anyone has those numbers/ can we please differentiate between Germany and ROW (rest of world)?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 3:45 pm

LH doesn't publish exact numbers, but reffering to the brochure "Lufthansa Werbemedien 2007" (http://www.lufthansa.com/cdautils/me...dia_400315.pdf - page 10 - German only) I can say, there are about:

210.000 German FTLs
70.000 German SENs
39.000 North American FTLs+SENs
50.000 Italian FTLs+SENs
45.000 Austrian FTLs+SENs
20.000 UK FTLs+SENs
24.000 Swiss FTLs+SENs
+unknown number of FTLs+SENs in other countries
+HONs
Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:14 pm

Nice research.

Thanks, steffen0212
Old Jan 7, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by steffen0212
LH doesn't publish exact numbers, but reffering to the brochure "Lufthansa Werbemedien 2007" (http://www.lufthansa.com/cdautils/me...dia_400315.pdf - page 10 - German only) I can say, there are about:

210.000 German FTLs
70.000 German SENs
50.000 Italian FTLs+SENs
20.000 UK FTLs+SENs
24.000 Swiss FTLs+SENs
+HONs
very interesting... Thank you very much for those helpful information... ^
Old Jan 7, 2007, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
There should be about 2.500 HONs according to some discussions on FT in the past during the integration of LX into M&M. I guess it will drop down end of Feb when quite a few HONs will lose the status as UA flights no longer count towards HON.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:33 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by Rambuster
There should be about 2.500 HONs according to some discussions on FT in the past during the integration of LX into M&M. I guess it will drop down end of Feb when quite a few HONs will lose the status as UA flights no longer count towards HON.
Talked to LH these days: Almost everyone named HON in 2004 will keep its status. Only a very limited number of persons has been named HON during 2004 - 2006, so that there should be something like 3.000 + HONs around by now.

It was not a decision of LH that UA flights no longer count towards HON to restrict the number of HONs. It was rather a decision of UA because they simple couldnīt afford to pay for their share in the HON circle programm.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by kasi
It was not a decision of LH that UA flights no longer count towards HON to restrict the number of HONs. It was rather a decision of UA because they simple couldnīt afford to pay for their share in the HON circle programm.
Just like they wouldn't afford to pay their share in *A award seats for their FFP members? Or their share in opening enough lounges with plenty of staff and free drinks and food? Or their share in buying new, efficient a/c?

Figures.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:48 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Just like they wouldn't afford to pay their share in *A award seats for their FFP members? Or their share in opening enough lounges with plenty of staff and free drinks and food? Or their share in buying new, efficient a/c?

Figures.
And the reason for that? They just like to keep you happy in their UA F suites...
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:27 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by tomekp
Hi,

Is there any statistics... I am just wondering how many HON's, SEN's and FTL's relative to all M&M members does LH have...

Tomek
IIRC there should be 10 mio. + M&M members in general. Back in 2004 or 5 they welcomed the 10 mio. M&M member offering her 2 free flights in F or something like that. There was an article about this in LH exclusive. As this was before the LX integration there might be some more members now…
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Starbucks
They just like to keep you happy in their UA F suites...
And strangely enough, they did!
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:50 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by steffen0212

210.000 German FTLs
70.000 German SENs
50.000 Italian FTLs+SENs
20.000 UK FTLs+SENs
24.000 Swiss FTLs+SENs
+HONs
45.000 in Austria and only 24.000k in Switzerland??? Seems implausible, but I am happy to learn a new fact
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH HON, Qantas Platinum, Amex Centurion
Stupid UA. Since 01/Apr/06 most of my transpacific business goes to NH and SQ, just to Australia I'm still enduring UA F.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Talked to LH these days: Almost everyone named HON in 2004 will keep its status. Only a very limited number of persons has been named HON during 2004 - 2006, so that there should be something like 3.000 + HONs around by now.

Well, if nearly all HONs requalified even though UA no longer counts then UA probably lost a lot of premium traffic from this group.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Well, if nearly all HONs requalified even though UA no longer counts then UA probably lost a lot of premium traffic from this group.
and you are right, Sir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.