Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cornelia Poletto

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Cornelia Poletto

I had the pleasure to try the new menu for January and February on my way from MUC to NRT today. Cornelia Poletto did a great job - the food was delicious and she really made an effort to get the passengers eatable food in the air. First Class menu was limited due to the offering of Japanese food but everything I tried was fantastic. Thumbs up - great StarChef!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Star Alliance Gold
Honestly, I think it is a win-win situation for both LH and Cornelia Poletto, but not necassarily for the customer. Without a cook preparing food on the plane and even his work is very limited, the LSG machinery is destroying most of the flavour anyway, especially considering the budgets airline give the caterers these days.

While you mentioned it, I consider some Japanese food in general pretty much invented for taking it with you on trips. A short stop at the local Japanese restaurant and a freshly prepared box of sashimi and maki is a perfect way to avoid airline food or to have some food at all.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I was disappointed with the Amador C meals they had the last month in C ex-FRA, but after seeing a couple of documentaries on the Chefs creating things for LH I realise that the budget they have for C meals (20EUR?) the real creativity of the chef only comes out in the F menu with a larger budget.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:05 am
Original Poster

I think it is worth mentioning her here because many chefs have not done an outstanding job in the air - mainly because they didn't make an effort to understand that there is a difference between a restaurant and and airplane. This month's menu has convinced me - and I think LH can do some 'best practise' here for future star chefs...
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I was disappointed with the Amador C meals they had the last month in C ex-FRA, but after seeing a couple of documentaries on the Chefs creating things for LH I realise that the budget they have for C meals (20EUR?) the real creativity of the chef only comes out in the F menu with a larger budget.
the amador F meals were more than dissapointing i think... never had the C version though...
Old Jan 5, 2007, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
I think it is worth mentioning her here because many chefs have not done an outstanding job in the air - mainly because they didn't make an effort to understand that there is a difference between a restaurant and and airplane. This month's menu has convinced me - and I think LH can do some 'best practise' here for future star chefs...
Thanks for the Heads Up on this - will look forward to sample next week ^

Cheers

Thomas
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:40 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drleyes:
Originally Posted by SMK77
I'll make sure I pay the proper attention to Poletto's creations in about a month.

OTOH, you promise to convey my warmest regards to Princess Kiko, OK? ^
Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:34 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Flew DUS-ORD yesterday. To be honest, the food was nothing to write home about. Obviously, with a limited budget opportunities for creativity in the air are limited. At least, the WCS (Word Champion of Sommeliers) came up with a new red after three months...
Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Just a short message from Kuala Lumpur coming from Sydney and going to VIE with OS 02 in C-class. The cook on board is a really perfect invention. I must say, the menue has been perfect both ways till now. Have to bord for my flight to VIE now.
Salve Luigi
Old Jan 10, 2007, 8:44 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by SenAOI
Just a short message from Kuala Lumpur coming from Sydney and going to VIE with OS 02 in C-class. The cook on board is a really perfect invention. I must say, the menue has been perfect both ways till now. Have to bord for my flight to VIE now.
Salve Luigi
I always thaught the cook is a fake, only a dressed-up FA. But das Auge it mit (literally: the eye is eating as well). I would like to learn: How do you say in Italy ?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fradoc
I always thaught the cook is a fake, only a dressed-up FA. But das Auge it mit (literally: the eye is eating as well). I would like to learn: How do you say in Italy ?
ROFL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.