Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat 28 or 32 in 747-400?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Question Seat 28 or 32 in 747-400?

I have multiple flights - LAX-FRA, FRA-MAA, MAA-FRA on the 747-400 which has economy seats starting at 28. I have UA exec plat and used it to get 28 H/K/K by calling lufth. Tried upgrading with miles but flights are W/V/Q and so cannot be upgraded without SWU .

1. Wondering if anybody has an opinion on whether 32 is better than 28 in leg space / other reasons?

2. Also worried 28 might end up being a "kid friendly" bulkhead seats. Is that usually 28 or 31? Anybody know?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
Originally Posted by MC_ite
I have multiple flights - LAX-FRA, FRA-MAA, MAA-FRA on the 747-400 which has economy seats starting at 28. I have UA exec plat and used it to get 28 H/K/K by calling lufth. Tried upgrading with miles but flights are W/V/Q and so cannot be upgraded without SWU .

1. Wondering if anybody has an opinion on whether 32 is better than 28 in leg space / other reasons?

2. Also worried 28 might end up being a "kid friendly" bulkhead seats. Is that usually 28 or 31? Anybody know?

Thanks!!
Hi there -- for overnight flights, the 28A bulkhead is my preferred, since you can lean on the wall and the space is ample (and I'm 6'4''). Eventhough they say it's the basinet row, they don't really have the hookups there so there's never a baby in there (27D-G may be different). If you get swapped to the 744 with economy starting at 23 then it's not as spaceous but it's still pretty decent. 33A/K may also be a good option.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
LH/OS seating thread
Discussion on coach seats in 747-400
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:00 am
Original Poster

thanks guys!!

that's definitely helpful.

jumpingenes: does 28 A/K have a lean forward window as stated in the other thread? I do not care for watching outside..as long as its not like those seats with no window - making it weirdly claustrophobic. Sorry for asking so many details... but i am trying to make the best of the sardine can situation .

Also looks like 33 A/K is blocked.. for day of travel? That true - or can I push to get the seat ahead of time?

Thanks!!

Quote from other thread:
Boeing 747-400 Version 16/78/274 (744)
(C seating till Door 2 plus two more rows after the galley)

C: 1-25
Y: 28-56

Bulkheads: 24 28 43

Best seats:
5DG: aisle seats with own closet, drinks tray right in front
24: bulkhead with no one reclining into your space, no baby bassinets!
28: bulkhead with no one reclining into your space, extermely good leg space,but fixed armrests

Avoid:
28AK&31AK: no window beside seat, need to lean forward
Old Sep 28, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
[QUOTE=MC_ite]that's definitely helpful.

jumpingenes: does 28 A/K have a lean forward window as stated in the other thread? I do not care for watching outside..as long as its not like those seats with no window - making it weirdly claustrophobic. Sorry for asking so many details... but i am trying to make the best of the sardine can situation .

It's only a slight lean forward, nothing that would require special skills
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

thanks!!

[QUOTE=jumpingenes]
Originally Posted by MC_ite
that's definitely helpful.

It's only a slight lean forward, nothing that would require special skills
awesome! Thanks... I am still in the process of grovelling with a friend for SWU but this would help in case I fail !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.