Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A Gold not allowed guests in LH Lounges anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by jumpingenes
One should always make an attempt to get over one's self and stick to the topic at hand...You're replying to a European citizen who speaks three languages fluently and has a PhD, as I'm sure the LH lady speaks at east two or three languages too, neither of the facts has anything to do with the fact that this lady made up a rule or is using a rule that hasn't been posted on her company's website.
But with all respect - why mention the age and language description as you did in the first place when it is all only about pointing out that the lady in question made up a rule in your opinion. ?

And rest assure - there are others capable of speaking several languages - and that without an PhD on this board......

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
egos, aside, back to the original question -- does anyone know what the current rules are re: star alliance and SEN/LHBusiness lounges and guests?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drleyes:
Still allowed one guest. Then again, this might be just a prelude to forthcoming enhancements...

FWIW, since lounge wardens reserve the right to deny entry to a SEN lounge and direct you to the FTL upon very flimsy/fuzzy grounds, I wouldn't argue. It's not "her fault", this is an inherent feature of systems where agents (wardens in this case) have discretion: sometimes they can favor you. Other times they screw you.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by andre1970
FWIW, since lounge wardens reserve the right to deny entry to a SEN lounge and direct you to the FTL upon very flimsy/fuzzy grounds, I wouldn't argue. It's not "her fault", this is an inherent feature of systems where agents (wardens in this case) have discretion: sometimes they can favor you. Other times they screw you.
its almost always a matter of how you approach such a situation, and judging by the posts of some people i am not suprised they get directed to the FTL/C side of the lounge... its not a LH specific phenomenon either, everyone who tried to get into the SQ lounge in SYD with a non SQ BP knows what i'm talking about, and thats only one of many examples...
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
A last reply OT: A European citizen speaking three languages fluently and being proud of a PhD should refrain from characterizing another person being at the utmost in her early sixties as an "80+ year old lady with a strong german accent"....
Yes leave that for us stupid Americans...Nice one, Flying Lawyer.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by weero
I always have an erroneous MP statement ready when I travel through FRA
to discuss 'the issue' with her .
So that's a close as you come to a "date"... @:-)
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by jumpingenes
One should always make an attempt to get over one's self and stick to the topic at hand...You're replying to a European citizen who speaks three languages fluently and has a PhD, as I'm sure the LH lady speaks at east two or three languages too, neither of the facts has anything to do with the fact that this lady made up a rule or is using a rule that hasn't been posted on her company's website.
Well, if you do a search, you'll find that at least one JFK lounge warden (maybe yours) has a pretty long history of complaints very similar to yours. This topic has been beaten to death, so I suggest to come up with something new. It's like another ICC thread in the UA forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.