Wiki Posts
Search

LH making it difficult to qualify?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, BA blue
LH making it difficult to qualify?

I am about to qualify as a SEN (the hard way: intra-European flights only, most of them in Y). As I am getting closer to the required 100K points, LH are growing more and more reluctant to credit my miles automatically. They also virtually stopped crediting them via the online claim form: I have to send in the boarding pass virtually every time.

I tried to dismiss this as paranoia, but now I noticed that LH recently credited the missing miles to the accounts of Mrs Oldthinker and Oldthinker Jr. but not to my account. All 3 claim forms were sent to LH at the same time (6 weeks ago), and the flights were also largely the same.

Please tell me that this is just a coincidence.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I would assume that you are just suffering from a severe dosis of bad luck !
Do your boarding passes state your current status (i.e. FTL) ?
If so, they should credit automatically. I have not had any trouble with LH metal flights. LX on the other hand is a different matter. These often require manual credit. I simply fax in a copy of the ticket and the boarding passes.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Do your boarding passes state your current status (i.e. FTL) ?
Yes, some of them do.

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I have not had any trouble with LH metal flights.
It is not always LH metal in my case, but I do occasionally get miles not credited even when I check in for a flight on LH metal at an LH check-in machine using my FTL card as an ID. I would expect my status to be apparent in such cases...

What really bothers me is that the situation is steadily getting worse: my backlog of uncredired flights currently stands at 7, while it used to be 1 or 2. This is despite the fact that I've been flying less than usual lately.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 6:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN 2011:: ANA::UA::Hertz Gold::Sixt Plat::SPG Plat::
Originally Posted by Oldthinker
..........Please tell me that this is just a coincidence.
yes it may be really true. :-:
as rambuster wrote:
proof always your boarding pass about your personal data and the print "FTL" on it.
on the other hand, all your flights in 2006 - wether are they will be credited in 2006 or 2007 to your account - are counting for your SEN status in 2006. ^

another tip: if you have to book Y-class, check always prices for C-class.
my own experience is, i had to pay for C-class only - round about - 100 - 200 more than Y-class and got double status miles.

cheers: jhh

Last edited by Eagle_Eye; Aug 30, 2006 at 6:16 pm
Old Aug 31, 2006, 1:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye
proof always your boarding pass about your personal data and the print "FTL" on it.
In reverse, this is not true. Booked an e-ticket via AUA AirManager - ID chosen as SEN credit card. Checked in using phone check-in. Picked up boarding pass using my SEN credit card at the quick check-in machine. Still only said "M/M".

Miles credited automatically though.

SmilingBoy.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:49 am

I am about to qualify as a SEN (the hard way: intra-European flights only, most of them in Y). As I am getting closer to the required 100K points, LH are growing more and more reluctant to credit my miles automatically. They also virtually stopped crediting them via the online claim form: I have to send in the boarding pass virtually every time.

I tried to dismiss this as paranoia, but now I noticed that LH recently credited the missing miles to the accounts of Mrs Oldthinker and Oldthinker Jr. but not to my account. All 3 claim forms were sent to LH at the same time (6 weeks ago), and the flights were also largely the same.

Please tell me that this is just a coincidence.
As you are travelling a lot of intra europe - one problem is that f you have more than 3 segments in a day - example connecting through x on the way out and back - you may have noted that you only will get 3 BP at the original place of chec in - meaning only half your return - the systems for some reasons can not handle more - and even when you on the return get your final BP - this will not register for miles - as the system is only capable of registering 3 segments from one trip a day.
At least what i have been told on numerous time when complaning abot non credits.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:34 am
Original Poster

... on the other hand, all your flights in 2006 - wether are they will be credited in 2006 or 2007 to your account - are counting for your SEN status in 2006. ^
The way they are treating me, in may well be 2008 by the time enough of my 2006 miles get credited to my account to give me the SEN status. Meanwhile, no miles overdraft and no companion discount -- very convenient for LH.

... another tip: if you have to book Y-class, check always prices for C-class.
my own experience is, i had to pay for C-class only - round about - 100 - 200 more than Y-class and got double status miles.
I wish my employer was more understanding . This does occasionally happen though.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcswede
As you are travelling a lot of intra europe - one problem is that f you have more than 3 segments in a day - example connecting through x on the way out and back - you may have noted that you only will get 3 BP at the original place of chec in - meaning only half your return - the systems for some reasons can not handle more - and even when you on the return get your final BP - this will not register for miles - as the system is only capable of registering 3 segments from one trip a day.
At least what i have been told on numerous time when complaning abot non credits.

Cheers

Thomas
I don't think that I have ever flown more than 2 segments in one day with LH, so this cannot be the reason.

Today they credited one of the flights from the batch of 6 the details of which I sent them 6+ weeks ago. This might indicate that LH received the claim form -- they would neither confirm nor deny that over the phone; in fact, they absolutely refuse to discuss the matter until 12 weeks are up. So it's 1 month from the date of the flight before I can fill in the online claim form; 1 week for LH to say sorry they cannot credit the miles that way and can I please send them the boarding pass; 12 more weeks before they are prepared to deal with the matter over the phone. An unhurried schedule, fit for those who travel by camel caravan once a year. I would expect an airline to be slightly more responsive...
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by tcswede

Cheers

Thomas
I dont recall having any problems with missing credits when I've flown 4 or more flights in a day (done this several times). Perhaps it is only when 4+ same day flights all on LH metal?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:37 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I dont recall having any problems with missing credits when I've flown 4 or more flights in a day (done this several times). Perhaps it is only when 4+ same day flights all on LH metal?
Ditto.

Infact, a couple of weeks ago I flew CDG-FRA-SZG-FRA-BRU on the same day, and they all got credited automatically.

I am however really struggling to get any credit for a MUC-DEL where I used e-vouchers to upgrade from C to O class.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:26 am

Programs: LH HON; Sixt D and m.o.
I doubt

yes it may be really true. :-:
as rambuster wrote:
on the other hand, all your flights in 2006 - wether are they will be credited in 2006 or 2007 to your account - are counting for your SEN status in 2006. ^

another tip: if you have to book Y-class, check always prices for C-class.

cheers: jhh
Eagle_Eye,

are you really sure about this rule? I'm not - as far as I remember this was really the problem, bacause miles from previous year have been credited as award miles only in the new year...?

Tomasz
Old Sep 1, 2006, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tomasz
Eagle_Eye,

are you really sure about this rule? I'm not - as far as I remember this was really the problem, bacause miles from previous year have been credited as award miles only in the new year...?

Tomasz
This is what worries me. I will have flown enough miles to qualify as SEN by mid-October, but the rate at which LH are reluctantly crediting them to my account may well result in shortfall at the end of the year. Mrs Oldthinker is not having this problem with her miles (even when she travels with me!), but it remains to be seen what will happen as she approaches the FTL qualification threashold in November or December...
Old Sep 1, 2006, 2:27 am

This is what worries me...
no reason to worrie, if they credit your miles in 2007 you will of course only get award miles for 2007 but your status miles will still count for 2006... if that puts you over the treshold in 2006 you will get SEN status... if not you will stay a lowly FTL just kidding!
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:26 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Ditto.

Infact, a couple of weeks ago I flew CDG-FRA-SZG-FRA-BRU on the same day, and they all got credited automatically.

I am however really struggling to get any credit for a MUC-DEL where I used e-vouchers to upgrade from C to O class.
It's interesting that you mention this - I'm still waiting for credit on a FRA-SIN sector which I upgraded Y -> C (M -> I) using miles. Is this a known issue on LH? Should I even bother waiting longer before sending the BPs in?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:35 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by alex0683de
It's interesting that you mention this - I'm still waiting for credit on a FRA-SIN sector which I upgraded Y -> C (M -> I) using miles. Is this a known issue on LH? Should I even bother waiting longer before sending the BPs in?
Well, to be fair, I've had atleast 10 flights in the last 3 years where I have upgraded from C -> F using e-vouchers. This is the first time I've had this issue.

And in my case, the issue was that I was originally booked on FRA-DEL. (upgraded C -> O using evouchers.) Was sitting in the FCT and was informed of a 6 hour delay on the flight. They rebooked me on MUC-DEL in "O" class. I have a feeling they just directly put me into O class, without bothering to first put me in C and then upgrade me to O.

And try explaining all this to LH CS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.