Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Urgent Assistance from Fellow Fter's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Urgent Assistance from Fellow Fter's

Greetings My Fellow Flyertalkers,

I need help here. I left ORD on UA from LHR to FRA and onto ADD (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) on LH - all in business class. I had four pieces of luggage AND of course since no bottles can be carried on, all toiletries and the such were checked in -

Two bags arrived (with clothing) and two didn't with the toiletries and undergarments. Now, After tomorrow morning (28th of August) I go to Tanzania, etc.

I've tried to call everyone (LH and UA in the States and LH is CLOSED here on the week-ends OR they are not picking up) and can't seem to get a hold of someone at LH in Germany.

If ANY of my fellow FTers in Germany have some extra time with their morning coffee can give a call to LH in Germany and help me, I would SO much appreciate it! I know that some of you HON's and Senators have power in high places...(laughing) Please give them this information:

INFO:

FILE REFERENCE: ADDLH22497
BAGGAGE TAG Nos.: UA575.871 and UA575.880

There is a Ethiopian Airlines (ET707) departing this evening, the 27th from FRA to ADD, if they can put it on that flight, I can pick it up in the morning of the 28th of August on my way to Tanzania.

I would SO much appreciate ANYONE's help.

A million thank you's,

UG
Old Aug 27, 2006, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
The German SEN line / call center is open 24/7, they all speak English, so you can call them anytime, but I doubt it will help finding your bags faster. At least they might be able to provide you local contact umbers at an airport. The SEN number is published, it's +49 (0)1803 993366. You are *G, just call them and explain your misery.

Anyway, after 8/10 it's normal that luggage disappears or is delayed for days or even weeks, especially with ORD, PHL or LHR involved, so I guess the idea of your luggage arriving together with you had a very low probability of materializing. Not losing/delaying luggage in a routing like yours is the exception now, and I don't mean that ironically, but as a plain fact of life.

Airlines have to give you a toiletry kit and/or reimburse you replacing that and other essential stuff in case of lost/delayed luggage, so I recommend you going that path.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Thank you -

I'll try the number you gave me...

Along the way, I asked at the checkout counters if the luggage made it on the flight - and was assured along the way it was (but it was only two of the four).

Nonetheless, I'll try the numbers and see what happens. This isn't the first time my luggage has disappeared. I really appreciate all your assistance.

Yours,
UG

PS As for airlines with toiletry kits, etc. First, there wasn't a single LH person in Baggage Claim. Secondly, I don't think you can imagine what Addis Ababa is like - it's not exactly like running to Neiman Marcus and getting a few things. There's NOTHING here. The pharmacies (even the big ones) didn't even have contact lens solution. We had to go to the hospital.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
IIRC, contact lens solution is allowed in carry-on (up to 4 oz.) for flights in, to and from the U.S.

I don't know about the UK and contact lens solution, but honestly and personally, I wouldn't have routed through the UK under any circumstances, anyway.

I hope that all will turn out well, eventually.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
What does the LH lost luggage website (Worldtracer) show for your bags ?

http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/LH_de.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.