Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tight connections

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

tight connections

I will fly IAD-FRA-ATH in a couple of weeks on LH419 and LH3380. the connection is 1hour and 5 mins which seems ok, altho i will miss out on the Senator lounge i dare say, but returning i will fly LH3391 and connect with LH414 at MUC. The connection time for that route is only 35 minutes. As there are three of us, we will need to keep our wits about us. When we arrive in FRA will we need to collect our luggage and pass thru customs or will that happen in ATH and on the return will we need to go thru security in T2 at MUC or will we just go up to the next level and walk onto the plane? Any advise would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by franjelley
I will fly IAD-FRA-ATH in a couple of weeks on LH419 and LH3380. the connection is 1hour and 5 mins which seems ok, altho i will miss out on the Senator lounge i dare say, but returning i will fly LH3391 and connect with LH414 at MUC. The connection time for that route is only 35 minutes. As there are three of us, we will need to keep our wits about us. When we arrive in FRA will we need to collect our luggage and pass thru customs or will that happen in ATH and on the return will we need to go thru security in T2 at MUC or will we just go up to the next level and walk onto the plane? Any advise would be much appreciated.
On your way to Athens, your luggage will be checked all the way and pass customs in ATH, but you will be required to pass customs and imigration in FRA. You ill also pass through Security in FRA again. as long as you arrive on time 45 minutes is tight, but doable if you arrive in B or on a bus position, but will be fine if you arrive in A (you may even be able to have a quick drink in the SEN lounge at A26).

In Muc you will also have to pass through imigration and security again. 35 minutes is tight, hope for an on time arrival......

Cheers S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.