Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United and HON Accrual

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
United and HON Accrual

Probably this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any reference within 20 minutes so I'm posting this:

I am a LH Senator, going strong on HON (320K Status miles this year as of now) an I just noticed the HON Status miles showing up on my statements.
However I'm seeing that for the 8 United flights I took the last 10 days I do not get any HON accrual.

When HON was introduced I remember UA being part of the gang so I booked my intra-US flights with them. Now this seems to have changed.

Did I overlook anything

Cheers
Pokeshot
Happily looking forward to my first F flight on 340 from LAX to MUC tomorrow.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:52 pm

Be patient. It may take a little while to post, but you should be fine.

(Just in case, do not dispose of your boarding pass stubs.)
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:53 pm

Oh, yeah. Excuse my rudeness as a relative newbie, myself.

Welcome to FT and have a great F!
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
Hmmm,

so you mean that even though I see the flights with UA in my online statement as regular status and award miles, the HON miles will be shown later??? Sounds weird!

thanks for the welcome, and I do plan to enjoy the F flight to MUC (and then on to NUE) tomorrow.
Since it is on LH metal I know I won't have any issues with mileage accrual also, but that is the least of my worries ;-)
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pokeshot
When HON was introduced I remember UA being part of the gang so I booked my intra-US flights with them. Now this seems to have changed.
It did change (2006-04-01, I think), UA flights no longer count towards HON qualification. The current rules are at: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...nodeid=1311029
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
It did change (2006-04-01, I think), UA flights no longer count towards HON qualification. The current rules are at: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...nodeid=1311029
My bad. Newbie mistake.

Enjoy F, nevertheless!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Question

So if I understand the rules correctly, even UA flights with LH codeshare codes don't count for HON (eg LH 9152 FRA-ORD) which is actually operatied by United?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by amenachem
So if I understand the rules correctly, even UA flights with LH codeshare codes don't count for HON (eg LH 9152 FRA-ORD) which is actually operatied by United?
you understand them absoult correctly - if the flight is a codeshare with UA and UA is the operating carrier you don'T get HON miles..
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Planeta
you understand them absoult correctly - if the flight is a codeshare with UA and UA is the operating carrier you don'T get HON miles..
But if it is operated by LH and you booked the UA codeshare, it will count......

Cheers, S
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
But if it is operated by LH and you booked the UA codeshare, it will count......

Cheers, S
This is excellent information - ST programs have the exact opposite "logic" - (I think) most things go according to the flight number and not the operating carrier, so I am used to, e.g. getting SkyMiles on the LY operated NYC-TLV flights with the DL codeshare.

When I tried this with LX, I got a big round 0...

Thanks to all for the quick information!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.