Search

Awards to asia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Awards to asia

I was trying to get a three-week November trip in C to BKK/KUL/SIN. The best the M&M website comes up with is out to HKG (LH), back from BKK, but on Condor, via Sharhah!

I'm not being sniffy about charter carriers (honest!), but "Comfort class" sounds like a soviet transport euphemism.

I'd prefer to hop on to any LH service (BKK/KUL/SIN) that comes available after booking. The question I ask of You with Experience of this type of thing - is that likely? - and is a weekly call to LH the best way to monitor the situation?

Cheers, Ian
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
and is a weekly call to LH the best way to monitor the situation?
Why call LH if you can just check the website? If you do not need the companion award, you can check the ANA website for award availability on other carriers.

SmilingBoy.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:34 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
If you do not need the companion award, you can check the ANA website for award availability on other carriers.
SmilingBoy.
Don't know why, but I felt like doing that for him, 1 seat business...

FRA-BKK

Date / TG921 / TG923 / LH782
Nov 1 -- -- --
Nov 2 -- -- --
Nov 3 -- -- --
Nov 4 -- -- --
Nov 5 -- OK --
Nov 6 -- -- --
Nov 7 -- OK --

(and some possibilities via Moscow or Munic -> TG)

BKK-FRA

Date / TG922 / TG920 / LH783
Nov 21 OK OK --
Nov 22 OK OK --
Nov 23 OK -- --
Nov 24 OK -- --
Nov 25 -- -- --
Nov 26 OK -- --

(and numerous other possibilities via Copenhagen, Munich, Viena, Moscow, Dehli...)

Not impossible to fly in C, but certainly hard in LH C.

SIN looks similar.

HTB.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:17 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I was trying to get a three-week November trip in C to BKK/KUL/SIN. The best the M&M website comes up with is out to HKG (LH), back from BKK, but on Condor, via Sharhah!

I'm not being sniffy about charter carriers (honest!), but "Comfort class" sounds like a soviet transport euphemism.
DE's CC is slightly better than LH's old C, but of course worse than the new C.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 5:56 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $

I'd prefer to hop on to any LH service (BKK/KUL/SIN) that comes available after booking. The question I ask of You with Experience of this type of thing - is that likely? - and is a weekly call to LH the best way to monitor the situation?

Cheers, Ian
#
avoid LH and go for TG´s new C / F ! There is availability on several dates on TG 921 /923 or ex MUC TG 925 and return on TG 920 / 922 or Muc 924 !
Or as I just found available return 28 Nov TG 950 via CPH ! There you fly in the 14 seater F cabin with an I award !
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peter42
DE's CC is slightly better than LH's old C, but of course worse than the new C.
Thanks, Peter! ... allowing the "charter" subsidiary to offer better service than the full-fare carrier has that distinctive Lufthansa marketing edge to it

Originally Posted by Bertheike
avoid LH and go for TG´s new C / F ! There is availability on several dates on TG
And thanks, Mr B. But I'm travelling accompanied - and the "companion award" is just about all that's left on the attractive side of M&M benefits.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:07 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thanks, Peter! ... allowing the "charter" subsidiary to offer better service than the full-fare carrier has that distinctive Lufthansa marketing edge to it

And thanks, Mr B. But I'm travelling accompanied - and the "companion award" is just about all that's left on the attractive side of M&M benefits.
COmpanion awards are not offered on DE.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peter42
COmpanion awards are not offered on DE.
Thanks - things get better and better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.