Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phone checkin possible for a friend without status ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Phone checkin possible for a friend without status ?

A friend is flying FRA to SFO on Saturday. He is sitting in Y cabin, has no status on any airline and will check luggage (of course in these days).

Per my understanding he can not use phone check in, because checking luggage and because having no status and flying coach.

Do I have a chance via HON line to get him an exit seat assigned?

Did anybody do this successfully in the past?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
A friend is flying FRA to SFO on Saturday. He is sitting in Y cabin, has no status on any airline and will check luggage (of course in these days).

Per my understanding he can not use phone check in, because checking luggage and because having no status and flying coach.

I have checked in SmilingGirl a few weeks back on an intra-European flight in Y. I did some changes to another reservation first, so that the CSR knew I was a SEN. No exit row in the aircraft though.

SmilingBoy.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:17 am
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)

LH changed this in the past. There is a phone check-in for everyone now: +49-561-993399. You can check your bags later at the airport.

If that doesn't work, try putting him in row 24 D, E, F, G (bulkhead center seats) where there is even more legroom than on the sides. Really quite comfortable.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:04 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by txl
LH changed this in the past. There is a phone check-in for everyone now: +49-561-993399. You can check your bags later at the airport.
Hello,

that phone-number is (officially) dedicated for FTL's and higher levels. Of course friends of me without status were successfull calling there in the past. But - as a seat-accomodation is possible for all on long-hauls, you can use the normal booking numbers.

24 hours prior to the take-off-time, unoccupied "good seats" for SEN and HON will be released for all.

Patrick
Old Aug 25, 2006, 3:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by txl
You are right on the latter but I must have missed something if you are right with any LH check-in policy changes:

Originally Posted by www.lufthansa.com
First and Business Class passengers, as well as those with Senator, Frequent Traveller or HON Circle Cards, travelling with only carry-on baggage, may conveniently check-in by telephone from anywhere in the world. ...
More details can be found here. If you have new information please post any offical LH press release concering this.

Cheers
totti
Old Aug 25, 2006, 3:36 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold

I still preassigned seats for my wife (she was FTL at this time) when I had to call the SEN line anyway.

I'd just give it a try and I am quite sure that they are happy to do a favor for a HON member.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:08 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Phone-CKI is definitely possible for non-status-pax in economy. OK, not official, but even the FTL-hotline told me, that I should give my (with-airlines-)non-status mother the FTL-hotline-number in order to check in via phone. Luggage doesn't matter, you still can go to the normal check-in counter. I think they don't want to make this official, but they will probably never decline someone when calling.

With the exitrow-seat-assignment I would be very carefully. What I have read here on FT, seat assignments are checked when the flight goes to the airport control, This could mean that she looses her seat at that time.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 9:40 am
txl

Originally Posted by totti
You are right on the latter but I must have missed something if you are right with any LH check-in policy changes:
Hm, yes, you are right. Thought they changed that.
You can always use web check-in, too.

Last edited by txl; Aug 25, 2006 at 10:31 am Reason: irrelevant question
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Sixt Plat, HHonors Gold
I'm not sure when you last time called the Kassel (0561-9933xx) numbers, but they were disabled quite a while ago. Maybe there is still a super-duper HON number, but the ones for FTL and SEN got replaced by 01803 numbers.

Cheers
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:29 am
txl

Originally Posted by cdsen
(0561-9933xx)
-99 working
-66 changed to 01803.

-txl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.