Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FYI: Zurich security fasttrack for C and F

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2006, 2:06 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Thank's for the update Oli! Nice to hear that unique realized the old policy was not the best one... Hope it stays that way now.
Old May 6, 2006, 9:17 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Originally Posted by airoli
  • First and Business pax
  • *Gold (incl. SEN and HON)
  • Miles & More FTL (not all * Silver)
In fact that makes much more sense to me. As the airport is the organisation offering that service why shall they give it only to C and F pax. In fact the airport fees are the same for Y/C/F. Good customers for the airport are the people which are flying a lot and not the ones which fly C/F. So it should be even more important to have separate security gates for status members than for C/F pax.

Do I understand right?

Greets
mbr
Old May 6, 2006, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Update
Unsurprisingly, the regulations were changed again as pax were not happy. Until a definite solution is found (and signalled), the priority lane access policy now is
  • First and Business pax
  • *Gold (incl. SEN and HON)
  • Miles & More FTL (not all * Silver)
Am I missing something here?

This is the LH M&M forum and LH, *A and LX are mentioned. There are other airlines using T1, you know! BA anyone?

Unless things have changed recently, BA elites have to use the dreadful LX lounges. Are they excluded from the priority lanes too?
Old May 6, 2006, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
BA departs from Zurich's E gates (midfield) exclusively these days. In fact, the A gates are purely *A now. BA pax can now access the Bellevue lounge out by the E gates instead of the Swiss lounge AFAIK.
Old May 6, 2006, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
BA departs from Zurich's E gates (midfield) exclusively these days. In fact, the A gates are purely *A now. BA pax can now access the Bellevue lounge out by the E gates instead of the Swiss lounge AFAIK.
Thanks for this and yes, I use the Bellevue lounge (as it happens with my Priority Pass card, as the last time I checked, check-in suggested the LX lounge).

I take it that the security check for the E gates is as abysmal as ever (though currently LHR would be hard to beat ).
Old May 6, 2006, 3:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for security check at entrance to E terminal.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 3:43 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
now rules have been made official:

source (german only)

additionally to C and F travelling pax - fast track security lines may be used by
* HON circle members AND SENs travelling in Y

CHris
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
now rules have been made official:

source (german only)

additionally to C and F travelling pax - fast track security lines may be used by
* HON circle members AND SENs travelling in Y

CHris
Not sure if it's been updated anywhere on this site, but I showed the attendant my AA PLAT/OW Sapphire boarding pass for an AA Economy flight and the attendant said "Platinum, yes you can use the priority security lane".

FWIW

Apologies for the 10-year bump but it was the highest search result...
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Not sure if it's been updated anywhere on this site, but I showed the attendant my AA PLAT/OW Sapphire boarding pass for an AA Economy flight and the attendant said "Platinum, yes you can use the priority security lane"..
Yes it works fine ... but probably by association and not so much by design.

My BA Y boarding passes display the Emerald level which has little direct 'value' in the *A centric system.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Fast Track security for departures and transit should also be accessible to *G cardholders flying on *A carriers through ZRH. See the Star Alliance page on it here.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
BA departs from Zurich's E gates (midfield) exclusively these days.
And probably indefinitely with UK Brexit
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
And probably indefinitely with UK Brexit
What I wonder more is if the UK will still be considered sterile for ZRH and if the UK will keep discriminating against ZRH ....

Maybe if Finnar could get a PE, I'd not have to worry about these things.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by weero
What I wonder more is if the UK will still be considered sterile for ZRH and if the UK will keep discriminating against ZRH ....

Maybe if Finnar could get a PE, I'd not have to worry about these things.
I believe the US and Canada are considered sterile, so is there any reason a EU exit would affect the UK being considered sterile? (I'm not 100% sure about the US/Canada though, correct me if I'm wrong.)

And the UK considers any foreign country unsafe, it's not just ZRH. That's one good reason to avoid transiting the UK IMHO.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by televisor
I believe the US and Canada are considered sterile, so is there any reason a EU exit would affect the UK being considered sterile? (I'm not 100% sure about the US/Canada though, correct me if I'm wrong.)
I really have no idea ... it has certainly nothing to do with Schengen ..
And the UK considers any foreign country unsafe, it's not just ZRH. That's one good reason to avoid transiting the UK IMHO.
It is pretty depressing indeed. I just cannot see why they cannot finally establsh symmetry with the EU.

Same for the US btw immigration is bad enough, would be nice to do without another bogus security check.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by televisor

US/Canada are NOT considered sterile.

What some Canadian airports have is what's called a transborder region - you go through US customs at the Canadian airport and enter a "sterile US" area, you then land as a domestic flight in the US. But there's no sterile combined US/Canada area (e.g. if you fly from the US to Canada, you always clear customs before flying onwards)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.