Compensation for broken IFE?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
-- delete or ignore please --
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by vantage03
Personally I wouldn’t expect to be compensated (and wouldn’t ask) for non-functioning flynet. I think we’re a way off WiFi being a standard expectation on EU carriers. It often doesn’t work anyway..
I complained and got quickly 10k miles as compensation for not-functioning FlyNet, This September.
Actually I did wrote them, that "if the FlyNet is not functioning, then what else is also not functioning opn the plane?!"
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Raul_R
I complained and got quickly 10k miles as compensation for not-functioning FlyNet, This September.
Actually I did wrote them, that "if the FlyNet is not functioning, then what else is also not functioning opn the plane?!"
Nice result for Flynet not working ^

For sure if anything else relating to airworthiness, the flight would have gone nowhere, LH are rightly sticklers for safety in the Air.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 8:15 am

Busted monitor in business class, FRA-BLR

Title says it all, had no inflight entertainment for the entire duration as a result.

What, if any, compensation might be due? The FAs suggested I write in to complain and they've documented the broken monitor on their end.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Compensation for broken IFE?
malgudi likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by malgudi
Title says it all, had no inflight entertainment for the entire duration as a result.

What, if any, compensation might be due? The FAs suggested I write in to complain and they've documented the broken monitor on their end.
just reading this, I am not sure if I am the only one finding this strange. LH had a problem, their staff noted it and LH can not based on the data they have from you send you a compensation (note) without you filing a claim. not only it is work for them matching your claim to an internal report - I also find this very little customer oriented.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by HKG1111
just reading this, I am not sure if I am the only one finding this strange. LH had a problem, their staff noted it and LH can not based on the data they have from you send you a compensation (note) without you filing a claim. not only it is work for them matching your claim to an internal report - I also find this very little customer oriented.
Indeed! That's what I asked the FA, but she said I had to write in
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:00 am

In the good old days the purser just handed out award miles vouchers. Once I received 3 vouchers because the drinkable white wine was out (25 minutes before landing) on a shorthaul flight VIE-HAM.
the810 and chris63 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by curt
In the good old days the purser just handed out award miles vouchers. Once I received 3 vouchers because the drinkable white wine was out (25 minutes before landing) on a shorthaul flight VIE-HAM.
Those were the days

LH used to hand out vouchers & at a set rate depending on the issue, LX still do, given how poor LH ‘customer service ‘ is, not a clever move by LH to move away from vouchers…..
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Those were the days

LH used to hand out vouchers & at a set rate depending on the issue, LX still do, given how poor LH ‘customer service ‘ is, not a clever move by LH to move away from vouchers…..
Yes, those were the days… A voucher was worth 5k award miles, btw…
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.