Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN and SEN+

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:19 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The LH check-in system has for each flight a so called "courtesy upgrade list" with members of M&M (*G DOES NOT show up here even if UA GS).
Well, upgrades is a different story, It's well known that *G is worth nothing when it comes to "courtesy upgrades" with LH
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:43 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Triple3
Well, upgrades is a different story, It's well known that *G is worth nothing when it comes to "courtesy upgrades" with LH
This works for other airlines departing with LH ground handling. Was on an SK flight MUC-CPH a while back, and I saw the preparation of the op-up boarding passes, and all were SEN or FTL...
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:48 am

Then for sure you have the perfect explanation for why I - when chatting with the FAs - sometimes hear them making fun like "Oh, we are so sorry, but no exclusive treatment for you this time, Mr. Triple3. We also must care about those two HONs which we have onboard today."
so UA cares less for their top flyers because there is LH top customers on board?! yes that makes perfect sense to me...

boy do i want to get some of the drugs that you are taking...
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by sentom
so UA cares less for their top flyers because there is LH top customers on board?! yes that makes perfect sense to me...
I vaguely remember saying

... for why I - when chatting with the FAs - sometimes hear them making fun like

Regarding UA caring abt. HONs you might want to read ulev's post.

Originally Posted by sentom
boy do i want to get some of the drugs that you are taking...
I do not take any. But maybe glasses will help you.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:04 am

I do not take any. But maybe glasses will help you.
sorry but glasses are a SEN+ benefit, so none for me...
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What do they complain about? There is the *G sign on it, so as long as the sign shows up it shouldnt make a difference if the card is black, blue or green ..
Some wardens offer uncalled for resilience to reasoning when a card doesn't look like one they do expect. I had trouble getting into the ANA lounge with my 1K card and issues with my SEN card at Ansett lounges as it looks like a credit card to them. Once they claimed their turf, they do not like to give in, even when they understand they initially did err.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..Then for sure you have the perfect explanation for why I - when chatting with the FAs - sometimes hear them making fun like "Oh, we are so sorry, but no exclusive treatment for you this time, Mr. Triple3. We also must care about those two HONs which we have onboard today."..
If you are serious, then you meet very different UA FAs than I do. Most of them have no clue about MileagePlus, let alone about other *A levels.
More recent insights on how much upper deck FAs know about elite leves went along this: gave the FA my SEN credit card and my 1K card for the 10% discount. She came back admitting that she glimpsed at the manifest and noted that I was traveling as MP member and not as LH Gold. To which I shrugged that after all I was a 1K as well. To which she replied "yes but with Lufthansa you are Gold, with United just 'black'!". I could tell from her innocent smile that it was nescience and not a form or racist insult .
I very much doubt that the average UA FA knows or cares what an LH HONcho is, especially now as they do not have to care anymore.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:49 am

So you asked UA WHQ abt. this?

Then for sure you have the perfect explanation for why I - when chatting with the FAs - sometimes hear them making fun like "Oh, we are so sorry, but no exclusive treatment for you this time, Mr. Triple3. We also must care about those two HONs which we have onboard today."....
The question rather was who did you ask? It was you making up one of your famous stories, nobody else. Remember the recent discussion about logic?

But my sincere apologies. I simply forgot rule number one on this board. There is nothing you wouldn't know better than anybody else. Especially when it comes to LH HON status.

I imagine your conversation with those FAs before the "crowds" (your expression!) board. You tell those FAs what you think and they say "yes, sir" and run away pretending to be busy. Ever wondered why?

Last edited by ulev; Apr 29, 2007 at 12:04 pm
Old Apr 29, 2007, 5:44 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ulev
I imagine your conversation with those FAs before the "crowds" (your expression!) board. You tell those FAs what you think and they say "yes, sir" and run away pretending to be busy. Ever wondered why?
Makes perfect sense to me. After listening to a passengers who braggs about Ueberstatus, SEN+ (whatever that means) and that he would soon be the only person allive who is GSC and HON at the same tim, every person (even the dullest UA FAs) would run away....

Cheers, S
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Are you picking on Triple 3 again? Not that he will be gone again for let's say three days and punish us with not posting one of his insights

Take it easy guys, I want to be around when Ulev and 333 meet the first time, if that hadn't happened before
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by weero
Are you sure about this???? I never heard anything that there is such a thing as pecking order within one level. I kn ow it is one of the all time favourite topics on the UA forum and there are strong hints that UA implements a pecking order beyond the elite tiers but LH.
Do we have any observations, threads, insiders to report so?
I am pretty confident - LH is not tracking your lifetime miles flown just for nothing... The true pecking order factors class flown into the decision on how important you are for this flight - we need an insider to confirm which order is correct.

I believe it is Status-Class Flown-Lifetime miles. But it also could be Status-Class-Lifetime miles-Class Flown.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:24 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
for upgrades

Originally Posted by SMK77
I am pretty confident - LH is not tracking your lifetime miles flown just for nothing... The true pecking order factors class flown into the decision on how important you are for this flight - we need an insider to confirm which order is correct.

I believe it is Status-Class Flown-Lifetime miles. But it also could be Status-Class-Lifetime miles-Class Flown.
it is always ,

CLASS FLOWN -> STATUS

an HON on an award will not be first upgraded to F but the fullfare person in C will be upgraded first.

but, of course upgrades depends, its sometimes just random, and the people who decide to upgrade someone normally dont do a 1hour look on the passenger list to figure out who mostly deserve the upgrade.

sometime they will just randomly pick someone because he/she is travelling alone or the name cames first in the alphabet or has a connection flight etc. etc.

but the normal procedure is that FULLFARE paid always trumps status .
but i know some guys who are able to sweat talk to gate agents or checkin agents to upgrade them on LH even there were others which deserve it more...

these guys are HONs and i dont know why but they get 90% of the times free upgradeds ...

dp
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:21 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
There is also HON+

Last week on a domestic flight, I was able to sneak into the purser manifest mini print on the drinks trolley, as I was seated in the aisle.
There were 3 HONs and a number of SENs on the manifest, and 2 of those HONs listed as HON+, some SENs listed as SEN+.
I honestly don't believe in the "importance" myth of the "+" sign. I bet it is rather something simple, e.g. indicating additional information like travelling with a companion or having a connecting flight, etc.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Red BP
Last week on a domestic flight, I was able to sneak into the purser manifest mini print on the drinks trolley, as I was seated in the aisle.
There were 3 HONs and a number of SENs on the manifest, and 2 of those HONs listed as HON+, some SENs listed as SEN+.
I honestly don't believe in the "importance" myth of the "+" sign. I bet it is rather something simple, e.g. indicating additional information like travelling with a companion or having a connecting flight, etc.
That would disprove the theory of the 10 or 15 "most important" status pax receiving a "+", as all three HONs should have the "+" then.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by derpelikan
it is always ,

CLASS FLOWN -> STATUS

an HON on an award will not be first upgraded to F but the fullfare person in C will be upgraded first.

dp
OHHHH Yes ............at least it happens to me ... and on time I was on a flight where MP Beck was in C (with a broken wrist) and I got I->F ug and he was in C ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.