Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN and SEN+

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by midway
Actually in my example he spent EUR 150K p.a.
How would someone who's spending 150K pro anno on LH (note that is the only unit they can measure, they won't know if you adulterate with BA or TK) be a SEN?
Yes, I know that with some effort one can construe such a situation but that would take a person even dumber than one who wastes 150K annually on LH.
I seriously doubt that they remotely have the resources to operate a system to even assess such a quantification. And there also is not hint in such a system in existence.
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Ok, so it might be the 10 most important M&L members on board. So how is this determined ? Lifetime miles flown, last xx months, current year ??
Exactly. Seems to be the Brothers Grimm authorship among LH employees IMO. Note also that the number SebFra gives - capped at 10 - collides with RTW's observation of more than 20 SEN+ entities.
I am willing to swallow that the purser and the captain actually believe that the computer printout means such a thing but I seriously doubt that the IT can reasonably provide this information.

Just imagine - we talk about an airline here: they cannot retrieve the fare class of a ticket I have bought and have just flown. How would they keep track of the value of that ticket?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:51 pm

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Has anyone seen an FTL+ ???
On the flight, which made me SEN, I was a normal FTL... Well, I have never seen a "+" on the pax lists.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by SebFra
It is interesting to read all the different theories :-)

Hamburger you are nearly right!

The PIL is divided in different parts. The first part is the management header, the second is the complete list of all passengers.

In the management header, the 10 most important persons on the flight are mentioned.

A person in the second part, the whole passenger list, who holds SEN/FTL, ist marked with the "+"-sign, showing that he is one of the (up to) 10 persons in the management header. The management header is only supplied to the purser.

"Importance" in this context is based on flown miles. It is not explicitly mentioned if miles in the current year is meant but that seems to be logically to me as also FTL can be marked with +.
Also not 100% sure if there are also other possibilities to be listed in the management header. Will try to find out.

Hope this helps?
That sounds interesting and plausible. To add to the observations: In four months in 2005, I had 8 RT to South Africa, booked on LH in booking class C (and no discounts...), and one one LX in F. This made me SEN (not that quickly as several were on LH code SA metal). In the months after that, I was SEN+ on all manifests I saw. Now my travel has "normalised" again (less long-haul flights, but quite a few intra-European C class flights, but on track to renew SEN), and I don't show up as SEN+ any more.

SmilingBoy.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by weero
Note also that the number SebFra gives - capped at 10 - collides with RTW's observation of more than 20 SEN+ entities.
^

Would have made this remark, too.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 5:04 pm

That's "lies" not thesis, my son.
GULP.

However for a theory, the one who brings it up has to provide the proof or the statistical base.
I was talking abt. thesis not theories. You call Bohr a liar because he neither provided proof nor a statistical base for his two "jump" thesis?

But we can continue this discussion via PM ... no need to challenge totti to another thread shutdown.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 5:09 pm

In the management header, the 10 most important persons on the flight are mentioned.

"Importance" in this context is based on flown miles. It is not explicitly mentioned if miles in the current year is meant but that seems to be logically to me as also FTL can be marked with +.
Also not 100% sure if there are also other possibilities to be listed in the management header. Will try to find out.

Hope this helps?
Interesting.

There must be other possibilities - if the header exists. Otherwise a newborn young HON might be ranked far below an old GM.
No that of course would fit into the LH hates LH elites scheme.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Triple3
There must be other possibilities - if the header exists. Otherwise a newborn young HON might be ranked far below an old GM.
Status beats lifetime miles flown:

1) Young HON - 750.000 miles
2) SEN - 2.350.000 miles
3) SEN - 800.000 miles
4) FTL - 1.000.000 miles
5) Blue - 1.200.000 miles

This would be the pecking order for upgrades - I would guess that the same logic applies to the PIL... That still makes me a SEN-...
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I agree. But of course it's totally übercool not being mainstream SEN but SEN+.

It certainly feels übercool. I'm an LH birthday-boy. I understand from a previous post that the birthday card (framed and hung prominently in my office) is a firm indicator of überSen status. Please tell me how and where to grab a passenger manifest on my next flight, so I can confirm my position in the M&M hierarchy.

I know manifest inspection carries the chance of bitter disappointment, but there are some risks a man has to take.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:53 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Please tell me how and where to grab a passenger manifest on my next flight, so I can confirm my position in the M&M hierarchy.
you'll find it in the galley, hanging somewhere. I do not condone taking it from there, though. Just looky, no touchy, understand?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 2:31 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
you'll find it in the galley, hanging somewhere. I do not condone taking it from there, though. Just looky, no touchy, understand?
It is only in the first galley near the door, where the purser works.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 3:07 am

The second issue I have with SebFra's admittedly interesting outline is that there is no + for HON. As there simply MUST be HONs among the 10 most important/interesting/valuable people aboard, there is no way that this designator could be limited to SENs.
Originally Posted by SMK77
Status beats lifetime miles flown:

1) Young HON - 750.000 miles
2) SEN - 2.350.000 miles
3) SEN - 800.000 miles
4) FTL - 1.000.000 miles
5) Blue - 1.200.000 miles

This would be the pecking order for upgrades..
Are you sure about this???? I never heard anything that there is such a thing as pecking order within one level. I kn ow it is one of the all time favourite topics on the UA forum and there are strong hints that UA implements a pecking order beyond the elite tiers but LH.
Do we have any observations, threads, insiders to report so?
GULP.
Ok that was strong wording indeed. It did not imply that your statement is lie. It simply means that if someone claims a factoid observed that this has some weight until proven false whereas someone proposing a theory needs to do the initial falsification before making a credible claim.
I was talking abt. thesis not theories. You call Bohr a liar..
Thesis=theory bound in paper. Depends on which Bohr you talk about .
Old Apr 27, 2007, 9:54 am

Programs: LH and BA
It is interesting to read all the different theories :-)

Hamburger you are nearly right!

The PIL is divided in different parts. The first part is the management header, the second is the complete list of all passengers.

A person in the second part, the whole passenger list, who holds SEN/FTL, ist marked with the "+"-sign, showing that he is one of the (up to) 10 persons in the management header. The management header is only supplied to the purser.

Hope this helps?

No it doesn't as I as a HON, and about 3 mio miles flown with LH have never seen a + next to my name ... and yes I have been the header ...
Old Apr 27, 2007, 2:45 pm

Well, maybe there is a good explanation why they tend to ignore me so often as HON lately.
My guess would be the system experiences an overflow on lifetime miles so it puts me back to all zeros. My name doesn't show up in the header anymore and no + either. Whereas a young fellow like RTW is always up the top because he never made it over 10.000.000 life time miles.

Come on guys, start speculating on this one.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by ulev
..Whereas a young fellow like RTW is always up the top because he never made it over 10.000.000 life time miles.

Come on guys, start speculating on this one.
My 'speculation' is that the overflow should no occur at a power of 10 as this would imply that someone intentionally programmed the overflow into the system .

My other take is that LH's waiters has no clue how important a pax is other than this pax being HON, SEN, or VIP. Nor does the IT know more.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 3:38 pm

Ok that was strong wording indeed.
The GULP referred to me being labelled your son. That's why I put it in bold letters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.