Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN and SEN+

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: black is magic
Ok, I just had another good theory:
SEN+ means SEN with a blocked seat next to him. Afaik + in the seatmap means a blocked seat. Can anybody confirm this correlation?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Thomas_B
Ok, I just had another good theory:
SEN+ means SEN with a blocked seat next to him. Afaik + in the seatmap means a blocked seat. Can anybody confirm this correlation?
But EVERY SEN should have a blocked seat next to them (until someone else officially takes it). So what's the point?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:01 am

Since when does LH IT follow logic?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by midway
Ok, what is more likely then, that he´ll spend more than 2 million or less than 2000 Euros for the rest of his life?
Easy: He/she/it spent 150K EUR over 5 years service life, i.e. 30K pro anno. Assuming that the SEN was ridiculously young when starting to fly and will fly ridiculously often and long in the future, he/she/it was 20 when it started, is now 25, will fly until 65.
In 2007 Euros that is 40x30K=1.2M EUR.

So probability for >2M EUR ~0.

Howere there is a nonzero chance that the spouse might speak up, that he/she/it gets eaten by the Big Bad Wolf, or falls ill. But within a good approximation for the next ticket, that will be <2K EUR ~ 0 probability.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Triple3
A thesis is valid until it is proven wrong.
That's "lies" not thesis, my son.
If you lie that you saw pink hearts all over your name on the manifest, you can claim this as often and long as you like, Kiwi gets upset, or ulev shows up.
It is much alike saying that an increase of VAT will improve overall economic productivity.

However for a theory, the one who brings it up has to provide the proof or the statistical base.
What you mix up here is that in experimental science theories cannot be proven right, they can only be falsified at best. That does not absolve you though from providing evidence.

Still, you are in a comfortable situation as you have made very humble claims what the SEN+ is good for. So finding one more witness other than RTW to say that it is all about punctuation on the manifest should not be that hard.
Has that advantage that you won't irrate TFM.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by weero
That's "lies" not thesis, my son.

Has that advantage that you won't irrate TFM.
What really irrates me is that you are Bambi's father!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I wonder how LH determines who to invite for special events with the Wolf ?

When I was hitting >500k status miles annually (before HON and when I was young and needed the miles ) I got annual invites, then when I switched to BA et al and re-qualified SEN annually by doing 100k no more invites. Fair enough so far. Now I have received a new invite again but the last status miles I credited to LH was in June 2006 (BMI >55k club!). Zero so far and it will stay zero as I am in the "leap year". Are they trying to get me back or was my invitation an LH IT bug ?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Hamburger
A friend of mine (a LH pilot), after speaking to a purser, told me the following:

Every flight (at least intercont) receives a PIL (Passenger Information List), containing the status passengers. There are: HON, SEN+, SEN, FTL+, FTL.
They use this list for example to decide whom to upgrade to F if necessary in last minute. The purser might also decide based on this list how much effort to put on the reseating of a passenger with broken IFE, or just to apologize and hand out a miles voucher for compensation.

A SEN+ is close to becoming HON, a FTL+ is close to becoming SEN.

Thats what my friend told me, I dont know if its true and I have never been on a LH intercont flight in the last 8 years or so.

So its up to you to decide if this could be the truth, according to your experiences on bord.

Cheers
Hamburger
It is interesting to read all the different theories :-)

Hamburger you are nearly right!

The PIL is divided in different parts. The first part is the management header, the second is the complete list of all passengers.

In the management header, the 10 most important persons on the flight are mentioned.

A person in the second part, the whole passenger list, who holds SEN/FTL, ist marked with the "+"-sign, showing that he is one of the (up to) 10 persons in the management header. The management header is only supplied to the purser.

"Importance" in this context is based on flown miles. It is not explicitly mentioned if miles in the current year is meant but that seems to be logically to me as also FTL can be marked with +.
Also not 100% sure if there are also other possibilities to be listed in the management header. Will try to find out.

Hope this helps?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone seen an FTL+ ???
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by SebFra

The PIL is divided in different parts. The first part is the management header, the second is the complete list of all passengers.

In the management header, the 10 most important persons on the flight are mentioned.

A person in the second part, the whole passenger list, who holds SEN/FTL, ist marked with the "+"-sign, showing that he is one of the (up to) 10 persons in the management header. The management header is only supplied to the purser.

"Importance" in this context is based on flown miles. It is not explicitly mentioned if miles in the current year is meant but that seems to be logically to me as also FTL can be marked with +.
Also not 100% sure if there are also other possibilities to be listed in the management header. Will try to find out.

Hope this helps?
That's pretty unfair imho. I started flying end of 2003 and have had 100k miles in 2005, 200k in 2006 and so far 120k in 2007. Somebody who is FTL since the beginning of M&M could easily beat me. Looking at the potential would be a better measure imho. Anyway, I don't care too much.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:16 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SebFra

Hope this helps?
After this answer, I think it is now the end of the SEN+ myth ^
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by weero
Easy: He/she/it spent 150K EUR over 5 years service life, i.e. 30K pro anno. Assuming that the SEN was ridiculously young when starting to fly and will fly ridiculously often and long in the future, he/she/it was 20 when it started, is now 25, will fly until 65.
In 2007 Euros that is 40x30K=1.2M EUR.

So probability for >2M EUR ~0.

Howere there is a nonzero chance that the spouse might speak up, that he/she/it gets eaten by the Big Bad Wolf, or falls ill. But within a good approximation for the next ticket, that will be <2K EUR ~ 0 probability.
Actually in my example he spent EUR 150K p.a.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 2:50 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by midway
Actually in my example he spent EUR 150K p.a.
So he's a typical SEN150+.

@SebFra: Your explanation makes sense: As I'm about 469,999 miles away for being HON, I wondered why I was stated as SEN+ on my MNL-FRA-flight this year.
But if it's like a ranking list for one particular flight (the 10 "most important" on board), it's of course possible that I was one of them, as I was the only who was greeted by the purser within the whole biz-main-cabin.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, so it might be the 10 most important M&L members on board. So how is this determined ? Lifetime miles flown, last xx months, current year ??
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Ok, so it might be the 10 most important M&L members on board. So how is this determined ? Lifetime miles flown, last xx months, current year ??
Definitely no idea....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.