Wiki Posts
Search

New to LH w/?'s about C Class, FRA, & I/C

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: StarWood Hotels-Gold, Loews Hotels-Gold, RCI-Diamond, HH Diamond
Question New to LH w/?'s about C Class, FRA, & I/C

Greetings from a CO junkie! I will be making a trip on LH's new C class from LAX-FRA-VIE and back. This will be my first time in the new C class and honestly the last time I flew LH was 7 years ago (econ). All of my travels are domestic US. I had a few questions and am hoping some of the FF's on LH could help out. I did run a search and have learned quite a bit, especially about the difficulties they are having with the new seats...fingers crossed they are fixed by my flight date (July 2006). However, there were some areas I was left confused:

1. Is there any way to check seat availability for flights on LH without booking?

2. Do the new C class IFE's offer AVOD or something with on-demand features?

3. What should I expect in terms of meal service? This will also be my first International Business flight so I was wondering if there are 2 full meals served or 1 meal and snack?

4. Connecting in FRA-VIE, will I have to go through customs in FRA or VIE (About 90% sure its FRA)?

5. If in fact I would be using FRA for C/I--Returning through FRA is there a line/area designated to help expedite the C/I procedure for Business Class Pax?

6. Any other advice or input you have to offer would be very appreciative!

Thanks again for all of your help. Sorry for the novice questions but I hardly fly International. My choices are limited in carriers from LAX-VIE, but the new Biz Class on LH really caught my attention, not to mention the prices weren't bad.

Last edited by CoHiba Gent; Oct 2, 2005 at 2:26 am
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:52 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
1. Yes, http://www.flyaow.com/classcwt.htm

3. two full meals, e.g. LAX-FRA: lunch/dinner after starting, Breakfast before landing

4. In FRA you have immigration and customs. However also in VIE you have officially customs...

6. Don't forget to sign on LH M&M in advance. You get 2000 additional miles, when signing on under http://www.miles-and-more.como/welcome. Or a firend of you and you receive both 2000 miles, if he refers you!

Enjoy your flight!

Cheers, bau31888

Last edited by bau31888; Oct 2, 2005 at 2:57 am
Old Oct 2, 2005, 3:05 am

CoHiba Gent

1. Is there any way to check seat availability for flights on LH without booking?

You can check if seats are still being sold in particular fare buckets using this site http://flyaow.com/classual.htm also KVS tools is good but you need to be a regular on FT to get a code. Search KVS for more details

2. Do the new C class IFE's offer AVOD or something with on-demand features?

I don't use the inflight video but full details of the new C class are here http://lufthansa-business-class.de/uk/flash.html

3. What should I expect in terms of meal service? This will also be my first International Business flight so I was wondering if there are 2 full meals served or 1 meal and snack?

If you are leaving LA in the evening and arriving FRA in the morning they serve dinner and breakfast.

4. Connecting in FRA-VIE, will I have to go through customs in FRA or VIE (About 90% sure its FRA)?

Yes, customs and Immigration in FRA

5. If in fact I would be using FRA for C/I--Returning through FRA is there a line/area designated to help expedite the C/I procedure for Business Class Pax?

There are seperate check in desks and lines at security screening for business class and *A gold, but boarding passes are not always checked in the screening lines. No special treatment for anyone at passport control although I've never seen more than a 2 minute queue to get airside, sometimes a bit longer from airside

Check the thread for first class terminal meets if flying from FRA on the way home

Edit: was typing too slowly and previous reply got there before mine. Sorry for the duplicated info

Last edited by allanhuk; Oct 2, 2005 at 3:08 am Reason: I type too slowly
Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Question Purchased C Fare can use new F terminal?

Originally Posted by allanhuk
CoHiba Gent

Check the thread for first class terminal meets if flying from FRA on the way home
Thank you for all of the help. I appreciate the insights. I have been reading all about that new F Terminal (what a great concept), however a ticket purchased in C will not grant me access to the new terminal will it? And my trip would be going through VIE-FRA-LAX on the return, so not sure if I would have time to use it even if I could. Thanks again!
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by CoHiba Gent
Thank you for all of the help. I appreciate the insights. I have been reading all about that new F Terminal (what a great concept), however a ticket purchased in C will not grant me access to the new terminal will it? And my trip would be going through VIE-FRA-LAX on the return, so not sure if I would have time to use it even if I could. Thanks again!
No, for sure your 'C' class ticket doesn't get you near this palace of luxury. However the entry regulations say that any HON's or 'F' class ticket holders may bring one guest, and some of the generous very frequent flyers here publish flight numbers and dates so there friends can join them
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

No, for sure your 'C' class ticket doesn't get you near this palace of luxury. However the entry regulations say that any HON's or 'F' class ticket holders may bring one guest, and some of the generous very frequent flyers here publish flight numbers and dates so there friends can join them
Ahh, thanks again for clarifying.

We will be celebrating our honeymoon on this trip, spending five days in Vienna and then heading onto Santorini, Greece for eight more. Maybe someone would like to sweeten our special occassion a little bit?

Last edited by CoHiba Gent; Oct 2, 2005 at 5:45 pm
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:46 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by CoHiba Gent
The LH flights to the US leave from a separate section of the B-gates that require going through another layer of security and immigration...so be certain to make your way to the FRA-LAX flight with plenty of time to spare!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can someone share more information about how LH's C class meal service works...are linens set and meals served plate by plate from the galley or an attractive cart? or is the Y-style meal cart rolled around and trays simply slapped down on the tray?

After checking out pictures online it looks like appetizers and salads are served on one tray, then the meal is served on the same tray just a new plate, and then a dessert. Is it a three course service or five course like some US airlines that do appetizer, salad, entree, cheese-fruit, dessert in separate presentations?

Are the breakfasts on these flights continental or hot breakfasts? Does LH set up snacking stations or bars for pax to serve their own drinks or light snacks during the flight?

Didnt want to start a new thread when this one seemed relevant. Thanks for your comments!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Hi,

in Lufthansa Business class, the main meal is served as three course meal.

The cart with the first course contains the trays with salad, , salad dressing, butter, cutlery and napkin. Before serving, You're asked to select your appetizer, which is served with the tray.

For the second course the tray is removed including all stuff and plates no longer needed.
The main course is served without a tray.

The third course with desert and/ or cheese, whatever You like. It's a nice cart, where the pralines, the cheese, fruit salad and the dessert is presented.

I don't remember any hot breakfast on TATL flights from East Coast, but I'm not sure.

There is no snack station on day TATL East Coast flights, during TATL night flights, there is a small station with some drinks and small snacks.

Best regards,

taigtrommel
Old Jul 11, 2008, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thank you!

Originally Posted by taigatrommel

There is no snack station on day TATL East Coast flights, during TATL night flights, there is a small station with some drinks and small snacks.
It would make more sense to have it the other way around when pax will be awake!!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Yes, customs and Immigration in FRA
No: Immigation in FRA, customs for your checked luggage in VIE. Customs for you hand luggage in FRA. So no need to collect you checked luggage and check it in again (like in the US).

In practice: As long as you do not carry around big duty free bags (I am confident you will not smuggle cigarettes from the US to Europe) no customs at all. No forms, no lines, no nothig. Just an officer standing there watching. Enjoy Europe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.