Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 tickets for 1 passenger on the same flight - is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:43 am

Programs: sq solitaire;LH-Sen
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Well, I had four paid seats on a F class flight ex CAI. LH was somehow surprised and my official argument was the pricacy I needed to have. No problem in the end.

Cheers
T.
Hi flying lawer,
this is an unconventional method to minimize travel to CAI to pick up the cheap F class tickets-
But i CANT BELIEVE THAT IT WORKED or they allowed it because you ´were flying with a Cello and a piano as hand luggage .

If yes-did you get the miles for all four flights?
Pls highlight me how to do this nowadays e.g by PM.

Last edited by krisflyerexkul; Aug 26, 2006 at 2:14 pm Reason: more questions
Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Careful in my experience holding 2 reservations on one name on the same flight can be dangerous....if the airline notices such a double booking they can cancel BOTH.

Here is what happend to me:

I had asked one TA for pricing on a LH flight (and the TA actually made a reservation which I did not know). As I got a better price from a different TA for the same flight I went with that offer and told the other TA. That company forgot to cancel their booking so there were 2 bookings on the same flight for the same person from 2 different TA's. A few days LH called me and said my bookings would be cancelled as there was an "illegal double booking". It took me about a day to sort this out but beware that airlines don't seem to like this.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by fm747
Careful in my experience holding 2 reservations on one name on the same flight can be dangerous....if the airline notices such a double booking they can cancel BOTH.

Here is what happend to me:

I had asked one TA for pricing on a LH flight (and the TA actually made a reservation which I did not know). As I got a better price from a different TA for the same flight I went with that offer and told the other TA. That company forgot to cancel their booking so there were 2 bookings on the same flight for the same person from 2 different TA's. A few days LH called me and said my bookings would be cancelled as there was an "illegal double booking". It took me about a day to sort this out but beware that airlines don't seem to like this.
I was also contacted by LH for two booking - however, they were not on the same flight but on the same DAY. I was booked on a DUS-TXL flight at lunchtime in Y and as a safety backup a couple of hours later on a full fare C fare. Of course I would have cancelled the later C flight if I could make the first one.

LH called and asked which one I wanted ? I kindly inquired why they were asking as both flights had been fully paid for. I guess in the end I could have insisted that I keep both but I volunteered to cancel the later one. It was the day of the world-cup quarter finals in Berlin and Germany was playing. LH needed every seat they had to get fans to Berlin.

Even if you have two seats (or in some cases four... ) on a single flight I do not see why they should be allowed to cancel anything if they were paid for ?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I agree - it makes a difference whether you a have just one ticket and two resercations or you hold a ticket for every reservation you have. I see no rule in LH T&C prohibiting you to hold two or more tickets with two or more baggage allowances and two ore more drinks and meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.