Search

Upg Eco Ticket to Private Air all C-class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2006, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH, UA
Upg Eco Ticket to Private Air all C-class

Hi,

does anybody know if it is possible upgrade from a paid Eco ticket into the all-business class PrivateAir service (MUC-NYC)? I guess it may not be possible since the same flight has to be confirmed in the original eco class which is not available in this case. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Uli
Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by starbucks_MUC
Hi,

does anybody know if it is possible upgrade from a paid Eco ticket into the all-business class PrivateAir service (MUC-NYC)? I guess it may not be possible since the same flight has to be confirmed in the original eco class which is not available in this case. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Uli
I doubt that it is possible, but it is fairly easy to get Award tickets on these flights. Given the milage requirements for upgrades, award tickets are usually the better way to go anyhow.....

Cheers, S
Old Aug 26, 2006, 4:00 pm

Hi,

Thanks,
Uli
It is possible, but only it the ticket is for full fare Y booking class.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ulev
It is possible, but only it the ticket is for full fare Y booking class.
Thanks for the reply! Have you successfully upgraded to PrivatAir from an eco fare yourself?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:21 am

Thanks for the reply! Have you successfully upgraded to PrivatAir from an eco fare yourself?
Yes, but that was a different story .

Here is why: The only eco booking class with availability offered on PA flights is Y. To get an upgrade according to the rules you first need a confirmed seat on the flight. In the case of PA they will only book you into Y if you upgrade at the same time.

I personally would never do this as it is a waste of money.

Last edited by ulev; Aug 27, 2006 at 10:29 am
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ulev
Yes, but that was a different story .

Here is why: The only eco booking class with availability offered on PA flights is Y. To get an upgrade according to the rules you first need a confirmed seat on the flight. In the case of PA they will only book you into Y if you upgrade at the same time.

I personally would never do this as it is a waste of money.
I agree, that doesn't make any sense at all. Thanks again!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:33 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
MUC/DUS-EWR in Y $3856 RT
MUC/DUS-EWR in Z $2324 RT (60 days advance booking, min stay 7 days)
MUC/DUS-EWR in D $3,680 RT (min stay 3 days)
MUC/DUS-EWR in C $4723 RT

even in full fare C the difference is only $900, much less than the value of the 100,000 Miles for the UG.......

Cheers, S

Last edited by DFW-SEN; Aug 27, 2006 at 11:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.