Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss merger with Lufthansa master thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:10 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jannis
As I fly LX in Y before Oct 31st, I was wondering if any of you with LH FQT status tried to enter a LH FQT/Business Lounge with a LX Y-ticket. What was the result? Did you try the same at a LX silver lounge?
Yesterday in ZRH, travelling on LX Economy ticket I tried to enter Swiss lounge with my FTL card: No entry. Same at the Lufthansa lounge in ZRH, but they said if it was a LH ticket they would have let me in, which worked for me before but seems to be kind of inofficial, as the Lufthansa lounge guide stated no entry (that was before it went offline for months now...).
Old Sep 1, 2005, 7:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Im transiting in ZRH next monday, and was surprised to discover LX has no lounge in the E dock where all intercont flights depart but there is a contract lounge which I can enter with my diners club card. That lounge is just above the gate out of which the flight I'm taking usually departs from!
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:59 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The "Bellevue Lounge" in ZRH's Dock E is accessible for LX Elites using their cards, and I thus suppose that it now also is open to LH SEN and HON members, just as regular LX lounges are.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 9:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Good to know. The plan on ZRH websites indicated Bellevue was a contract lounge.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
It is. LX has an agreement with Swissport who run the lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 5:32 am

quick report

As mentioned before, I booked a MUC-ZRH-BOMvv in Q for 613EUR all inkl. My experiences on the outbound:

Reservation: on LX's website. OS&LH did not have the lowest fare. Seat pre assignment via telephone. The booking engine hat given me the first empty window seat as forward as possible based on my profile prefernce.
Checkin: still at T1 in MUC by aerogate on LX BP stock. Agent didn't want to see my etix printout, just asked for the passport.
M&M Status: The BP just showed my MM Number with some digits blanked by an X.
MUC-ZRH: short flight on a RJ100. 2-3 leather seating with water and Swiss chocolate served.
ZRH: it took quite some time to get from A to E, even though our flight had a finger gate. The lounge in E is run by Swissport and shared by all airlines (LX,TAP, UA, etc) using the E dock. Got in with no problems using my Diners Club. Good selection of magazines and newspaper, even some kids magazines. All are tagged "for lounge use only" which didn't deter me much. Plenty of drinks, only croissants for food.
ZRH-BOM: the 332 was only about 60% full in both classes, so got a middle section to myself. Service and space same as LH, difference being they have IFE which was decent. 5 channel video, similar to the programme on the ex-SN aircraft used by LH. The IFE meant that legspace is restricted for the window seats and the aisles seat of the middle section. All middle section armrests can be raised, so I made my own Y flatbed. This is a big plus over LHs 343.
Crew was friendly and very attentive.

My return is overbooked, so lets see how good LX is in that area
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
What are some of the relevant dates for this "merger"? When will LX flights be in the LH web booking engine? When will LX flights be purchasable with *A miles? I'd like to book some LX award flights for next year with UA miles.

I'd also like to book a paid flight that is mixed LH and LX. How can I do that? The LH web site doesn't have the LX cities.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:40 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
Originally Posted by airoli
The "Bellevue Lounge" in ZRH's Dock E is accessible for LX Elites using their cards, and I thus suppose that it now also is open to LH SEN and HON members, just as regular LX lounges are.

Swiss seems to be quite inconsistent here:
In GVA, it depends on the warden, if I can use the SWISS part of the lounge or not (travelleing on LH Ticket). LH homepage says, I have to travel on SWISS ticket, but LH magazine says, SWISS OR LH should be fine to access to SWISS lounges

What experiences did you have?

Regards
Alex.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
What are some of the relevant dates for this "merger"? When will LX flights be in the LH web booking engine? When will LX flights be purchasable with *A miles? I'd like to book some LX award flights for next year with UA miles. I'd also like to book a paid flight that is mixed LH and LX. How can I do that? The LH web site doesn't have the LX cities.
LX on LH booking engine: available right now. Just select LH & partners as airline.

LX award tickets with UA miles: when LX joins *A

Mixed LH & LX flights: starting Oct31
Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:52 am

quick report part II

BOM-ZRH
the flight was not overbooked. The ZRH-MUC segment was, so BOM-ZRH-MUC showed it booked out in both segments. Guess LX uses 'married legs' as a concept.

Checkin in BOM specifically asked me for my LH M&M card to verify if all FFP data is correct. Nice service on board on the return, meals were better than the usual LH BOM catering. One pax asked for an upgrade from the purser while boarding. The purser was very friendly and checked with ground crew but came back a little while later with a smiling regret, telling her 'today we are only allowed to upgrade against payment'.

ZRH: used the *A lounge showing my LX BP, the FTL card and the SK*G. The warden was very friendly and said technically she couldn't let me as LX wasn't *A yet, but tempoarily they are letting in *G with LX as LX was joining the *A soon. As far as the future of the ZRH *A lounge was concerned whe said nothing was absolutely final yet.

ZRH-MUC: overbooked in Y, they did about 5 gate op-ups during boarding.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LX on LH booking engine: available right now. Just select LH & partners as airline.
Not really. Try DLA for example. It is bookable on the LX website, but it is unrecognizable on the LH site, even with LH partners selected.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 4:52 am

Programs: LH SEN HHonors GOLD AirBerlin Gold
want to book an LX flight NUE-JFK via ZRH, legs ZRH-JFK are operated by AA. can i earn miles with STC and merge the acount with M&M later? i think earning status miles with LX-partners is not possible, is that right?

best way earning miles seems NUE-ZRH with M&M, ZRH-JFK with STC. is such a combination possible at all? by the way, are some AA booking classes excluded at STC?
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SIXT Platinum and many more
Unhappy Welcome Miles and normal Miles not received

Hi all,
I flight the route ZRH-LHR-ZRH with LX and my SEN-Number. Didn't get any miles and welcome-miles for the ZRH-LHR but for LHR-ZRH.
Sendet for weeks ago a letter with the original boarding-card to LH, no answer, no miles yet.
Anyone same experiance?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 3:22 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by robbien
by the way, are some AA booking classes excluded at STC?
O and Q are excluded with AA fares. But, if it is a codeshare with Swiss Flightnumber everything still earns full miles.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 3:31 am

Status Senator on LX

Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Hi

When flying Swiss, do their computer system already have acces your M&M statut ? Do they care (for a Senator for ex.) ?

Thanks
No they dont care ...

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 4, 2005 at 12:27 pm Reason: remove shouting (ie make lower case)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.