Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa booking - domicile question

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2005, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Grog
Your credit card company will charge its own TSC
Nix da!

Today the transaction finally showed up on my credit card:

GBP 160.7 converted to 240.64 €

Just by giving UK as my domicile I have saved 15€ (10€ TSC and aprox 5€ LH currency conversion mistake)

Very happy
Old May 11, 2005, 3:15 am

According to my experience, LH does do some sort of checks re. residence, at least as regards the Ticket Service Charge.

I booked a cheapo Y-ticket TXL-MUC-TXL in April on the LH website, providing my SEN no. on which my French address is stored.

On the website it said that the TSC would apply to German residents only.

Consequently, I was quoted a total fare without TSC, and that also showed on the Itinerary Receipt for the respective ticket.

Later, when checking my credit card bill, I found out that an additional 10 € had been deducted by LH. When phoning them about this, they said the TSC was added 'manually' becauce it was a ticket for intra-German flights. (Which, from a legal, let alone customer service, perspective, is probably not right as I was not made aware of this charge before I decided to proceed with the booking.)

Just to doublecheck, I did a trial booking on LH's website this morning with the same scenario, and they now display a 5 € TSC for residents of France. And the page before still stated: TSC for German RESIDENTS only.

Anyone see the logic in this?
Old May 19, 2005, 2:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Made another booking last week which was supposed to cost 335€+10TSC on the german site. Booked it again on UK domicile and it came out to 221,20GBP which was charged as 331,63€ on my credit card.
Old May 19, 2005, 2:25 am

&nbsp

Last edited by LHstatus; May 19, 2005 at 2:29 am Reason: wrong thread
Old Sep 4, 2005, 4:35 am

I am trying to book a BKK-CGK-BKK ticket. If I select Australia as my domicile the ticket comes to like A$1200 (US$1000). If I select Thailand as domicile then it costs around A$300. I cannot tell if my ticket is e-ticket or not. It says:

etix® - easy take off without ticket
Airfare Taxes & Fees
Price per adult 7200 1410

Total (etix®)
1 adult
฿ 8610
Which I would assume means I have an e-ticket. But then further below it says:
Ticket by Mail address for all Passengers
Please ensure that the address you have entered below is the same as the billing address of your credit card.
Does this mean I have a paper ticket that they are going to send me or does it always say this even for t-tickets?

MD
Old Sep 4, 2005, 5:39 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
It is the same for all etix-connection. Even if you book FRA-TXL within germany.

AFAIK some countries (US) requires adress for CC-bookings. That's the reason why you are asked to give the correct adress. If you are not living in such a country (I suppose you don't, otherwise you would know about it), you can enter there whatever you want (also an adress in Thailaind).

I did the same last week for a hotelreservation, because I want to have my company's name on the bill and not the private one from the CC.

So, in my opinion, go on with your reservation, use any adress in thailand and be happy about this great deal!

But... any other thoughts? Experiences on this particular route?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 4:51 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Made another booking last week which was supposed to cost 335€+10TSC on the german site. Booked it again on UK domicile and it came out to 221,20GBP which was charged as 331,63€ on my credit card.
oliver, are you using your german Lufthansa CC when booking those. That could explain why some people get charged the 10 EUR (if they use the LH-visacard).
well, aua.com waves 10 Euro for bookings to Austria at this time, but anyone knows if you can book different flights on one ticket like LH.com can do? (like HAJ-VIE-HAM)
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by mith
oliver, are you using your german Lufthansa CC when booking those. That could explain why some people get charged the 10 EUR (if they use the LH-visacard).
well, aua.com waves 10 Euro for bookings to Austria at this time, but anyone knows if you can book different flights on one ticket like LH.com can do? (like HAJ-VIE-HAM)
Yes, always use my german LH CC.

Aua.com also allows open jaws like LH.com, infact they they have some other features too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.