Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Stop AWARD on OS need more miles on award booking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Non Stop AWARD on OS need more miles on award booking?

hi

i just had a wired xp on lufthansa. i tried to book a award ticket from VIE-CPH

online there showed up only lufthansa flights and they all where via FRA or MUC.
I wanted direct flights with OS but these flights didnt show up.

so i called lufthansa and they booked the direct flights for me . it cost me 30000 miles. i asked for a reduction as it is not my fault that only LH flights showed up, than they told me this is normal because direct flights which are not on LH would cost more?and are not shown in the lufthansa online booking system.

is this correct? i can not understand why i can not book an award on OS without paying more miles ;(
Old Feb 12, 2005, 11:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I just checked here and this miles&more award boking website shows also all direct OS flights VIE-CPH, and you can book these award flights online.

30'000 miles is the regular price for such OS flights, not sure if OS would offer flight smart awards (15'000 instead of 30'000 miles) for the dates you book.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 2:30 am
Suspended

Certainly the flights on SK are not more expensive, but Fly Smart awards are only bookable online, so calling LH would automatically result in a price of 30k, instead of 30k - 2 k online booking bonus for that route booked online or even better 15 k for a Fly Smart award...

Main problem in your way, LH online does only show flights on LH, OS, LO and DE metal and some regional partners.

In addition to that SK does not offer E-Tickets ex VIE as well, so if anybody wants to book SK ex VIE make sure to call ahead with plenty of time in advance...
Old Feb 13, 2005, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
they didnt show up yesterday

Originally Posted by Threy
Certainly the flights on SK are not more expensive, but Fly Smart awards are only bookable online, so calling LH would automatically result in a price of 30k, instead of 30k - 2 k online booking bonus for that route booked online or even better 15 k for a Fly Smart award...

Main problem in your way, LH online does only show flights on LH, OS, LO and DE metal and some regional partners.

In addition to that SK does not offer E-Tickets ex VIE as well, so if anybody wants to book SK ex VIE make sure to call ahead with plenty of time in advance...
the point is that they didnt show up yesterday. this meant that i could not get the online booking discount bonus ;(

and lufthansa lied to me, as it has nothing to do with direct flights or not. ;(
Old Feb 13, 2005, 4:13 am
Suspended

If a flight does not show up online, one can assume it is already booked, so there would have been no availability anyway....
Old Feb 13, 2005, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
always call the tech hotline

if you face problems with the M&M award bokking engine, call the hotline for technical support NOT the M&M hotline! If there is a technical fault, they will book your flysmart for 15k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.