Wiki Posts
Search

What to do with 80000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2005, 1:38 am
Original Poster

What to do with 80000 miles?

Hi together,

this is my first question in this forum, I really like it. Sorry, but my English is not very good, nevertheless I hope you can understand me.

I am student and I collected 80000 Premium Miles by different Promotions (newspapers, hotels...) and some Lufthansa flights. It is my biggest dream to fly once in Business Class, so I would like to spend a part or even all miles on an upgrade (I would buy Economy class ticket). Perhaps you could give me a tip on which flights I could have a beautiful experience. I think that here are many professionals, who can help me. I am starting in STR Germany. I thank you for every answer.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 1:43 am

Try to get another 10000 miles and book a Business Class award to North America, for example. Much better value for miles than upgrading.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 2:44 am

Programs: LH HON+
Originally Posted by curt
Try to get another 10000 miles and book a Business Class award to North America, for example. Much better value for miles than upgrading.
absolutely agree. get another handelsblatt Abo that will get you 10,000 Miles and use them for a business flight to the US. Try to get one that offers new business class seats and you will have a great experience.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:21 am

Programs: LH FTL
Welcome to Flyertalk!

my 2 ct.: Make sure you get the new C-Class. Furthermore I would recommend a day flight, since you dont get that much service on a redeye (night-flight).
I dont know how long it took you to gain that 80K miles, but I recommend to go for a F-Award Tix. For me that is the real experience (incl. the new F-Terminal in FRA).
Old Jan 21, 2005, 4:13 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by McKaye
Welcome to Flyertalk!

my 2 ct.: Make sure you get the new C-Class. Furthermore I would recommend a day flight, since you dont get that much service on a redeye (night-flight).
I dont know how long it took you to gain that 80K miles, but I recommend to go for a F-Award Tix. For me that is the real experience (incl. the new F-Terminal in FRA).
I fully agree, go for the F ticket, and then fly to the west cost. The hop to NY BOS or IAD is not worth it.... and LAX and SFO are not bad either... or Go to Ghana.... spend some time on the beach. It is a day flight and F is for 100 000 miles only ....
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
which beach? )

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
I fully agree, go for the F ticket, and then fly to the west cost. The hop to NY BOS or IAD is not worth it.... and LAX and SFO are not bad either... or Go to Ghana.... spend some time on the beach. It is a day flight and F is for 100 000 miles only ....
I'm crazy about beach vacations ;-) which city in Ghana LH fly to? which city with best beach you can reccomend? ;-)

is it tru that F award is 100K miles only ( never had a F flight before ;-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.