Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade potential FRA-BKK-FRA C-to-F?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Upgrade potential FRA-BKK-FRA C-to-F?

The options are... LHR-FRA-BKK in old C, and gamble with *A upgrade vouchers. Or guaranteed new C, but obviously no upgrade potential via MUC. Everything else is pretty much equal - same price, same times, etc

What do you think? Anyone know if LH is sniffy about *A vouchers, or if F is habitually full and/or blocked off for HON members or employee class?

Incidentally, any ideas on how best to maximise upgrade potential? Can I call in advance, or should I just check in early? (I am guessing e-check-in is a no-no)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by kt74
The options are... LHR-FRA-BKK in old C, and gamble with *A upgrade vouchers. Or guaranteed new C, but obviously no upgrade potential via MUC. Everything else is pretty much equal - same price, same times, etc

What do you think? Anyone know if LH is sniffy about *A vouchers, or if F is habitually full and/or blocked off for HON members or employee class?

Incidentally, any ideas on how best to maximise upgrade potential? Can I call in advance, or should I just check in early? (I am guessing e-check-in is a no-no)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
well, I'd go for the new C. Now that LH cuts it's second FRA-BKK flight there is only one flight with F left and F was always booked well in the past so I guess, there'll be too many mile-upgrades ahead of you.

my 2 cents

cheers,

ben
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:02 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by daumueller
well, I'd go for the new C. Now that LH cuts it's second FRA-BKK flight there is only one flight with F left and F was always booked well in the past so I guess, there'll be too many mile-upgrades ahead of you.

my 2 cents
i would totally agree with that. Infact I recently had the same choice to make and chose MUC-BKK-MUC with the guaranteed NewBC. I just wasn't willing to take the chance of not getting the upgrade (even though I had evouchers) and having to go in the Old C. FRA-BKK has always been a toughie in this regard. Especially now, as mentioned above, there is only one F flight.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I have some vouchers (5) if anyone can use them but let me know quick as I am all over the place and will be in Asia from end jan to mid March.

Actually need to check if they can be used by other person as a gift as I recall they had my name on them, maybe others can verify.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:03 am

Programs: LH HON+
Originally Posted by AJLondon
i would totally agree with that. Infact I recently had the same choice to make and chose MUC-BKK-MUC with the guaranteed NewBC. I just wasn't willing to take the chance of not getting the upgrade (even though I had evouchers) and having to go in the Old C. FRA-BKK has always been a toughie in this regard. Especially now, as mentioned above, there is only one F flight.
bit posh Herr AJ? I would give it a try. Old C is certainly not that bad and chances IMHO are not that bad either. I gave it a try with two of us, unfortunately only one seat available...
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: LH HON+
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
I have some vouchers (5) if anyone can use them but let me know quick as I am all over the place and will be in Asia from end jan to mid March.

Actually need to check if they can be used by other person as a gift as I recall they had my name on them, maybe others can verify.
I'll take them although the UK promo vouchers are not transferable AFAIK.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:17 am

Programs: LH SEN

I'll take some off your hands if you like. PM me if they are able to be used by another person.
thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 9:50 am

I'd very much appreciate some if you could spare them - just PM me...

Thx

Zaphod
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:34 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Oli20
bit posh Herr AJ? I would give it a try.
me! posh!???!! Of course not.

It's just a gamble that I wasn't willing to take. I quite like the new business class, and I have been okay in sleeping (in the z position) on it on the last 6 or so flights that I've had. And I certainly like the extended IFE options on longer flights!

But yes, if I was travelling on a 'C' fare then I would certainly book FRA-BKK and try to upgrade. If the upgrade with evouchers did not come through till 48 hours before departure then I would immediately rebook to MUC-BKK.

However, I was travelling on the (quite un-posh ) 'Z' fare to BKK which did not allow routing changes. Hence I made the decision in advance to eliminate the upgrade gamble and be 'safe' with newbc. And I'd probably do the same again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.