Wiki Posts
Search

Do not forget to cancel Handelsblatt if needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Do not forget to cancel Handelsblatt if needed

Hi,

Just a reminder to those hundreds of Handelsblatt subscribers out there. It was in early-mid November and if I recall correctly one had to cancel within 10 weeks. Of course this does not apply to those that want to keep receiving the paper, which I liked very much. I assume that at least those who ordered like tens of subscriptions can find a very unpleasant surprise if they dont call Handelsblatt pretty soon.

And once more thank you for whoever it was that brought that great promo into our attention.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:57 am

Programs: LH FTL
uuuuuuuuuups.... thanks for the reminder!
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:32 am
GWH

Programs: LH SEN
Yes thanks.

Almost forgot.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi!

In fact I requested for the subscription to be cancelled early December, and requested for a pause period end of December (due to holidays and did not want my postbox loaded with papers), but until now, I am still receiving the papers.

What I am afraid is that they did not cancel my subscription or I cancelled it at the wrong site? I cancelled the paper through their website. Any advise on this would be great!

Thanks!

Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:19 am

Programs: LH HON+
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi!

In fact I requested for the subscription to be cancelled early December, and requested for a pause period end of December (due to holidays and did not want my postbox loaded with papers), but until now, I am still receiving the papers.

What I am afraid is that they did not cancel my subscription or I cancelled it at the wrong site? I cancelled the paper through their website. Any advise on this would be great!

Thanks!

i cancelled my subsriptions through their website as well and specifically asked for a written confirmation that was sent to me within a few days.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:23 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi!

Thanks!

I wrote them an email and received the confirming letter the next day so you should call them and ask about your subscribtion.

cheers,

ben
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:34 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I tried to stop delivery several times, to no avail.

Canceled just in time now...looking forward to receiving the miles vouchers!
Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

My subscriptions runs till Feb 8 according to the invoice I received in the beginning. During Christmas I put a hold on the delivery from Dec 22 till Jan 9. The email request for this was denied first as they thought I wanted a credit or vouchers for that time. After I confirmed over the telephone that I didn't want the paper to clog my mailbox wile I'm away and didn't care about vouchers ( I have ten 30 coupon book lets anyway ) they put in the system.

If you forget to cancel the subscription, it renews itself one month at a time and you get 1000 miles sent for each renewal month.

Regards Oliver
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:11 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

If I order a subscription like this or the Zeit and Welt in the Past, I put a reminder in Outlook for the cancellation.

The Handelsblatt will send you a letter, in which they confirm the end of delivering. I have done it by Fax and normal letter and get a confirmation; a friend did not get a confirmation for a cancellation by e-mail and after a call had to notice, that they had no information about his e-mail. He also get a confirmation by sending a fax.

A little bit out of topic, but i used the "normal" way for cancelation by sending a letter and / or a Telefax and always request a confirmation, just to be on the right side
Old Jan 19, 2005, 4:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yesterday HB sent me a credit note for 12 EUR since I had stopped the test subscription Dec 22 to Jan 9. Thank you for the unexpected gift! That way the 13000 miles only cost 54 EUR.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yesterday HB sent me a credit note for 12 EUR since I had stopped the test subscription Dec 22 to Jan 9. Thank you for the unexpected gift! That way the 13000 miles only cost 54 EUR.
I got a credit note too, but in my case it was for the first 12 days of the subscription, as they had not delivered the paper to me... ^

Last edited by FS_FRA; Jan 19, 2005 at 4:27 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:25 am

Programs: SPG, HH, PC, M, M&M, V
Originally Posted by floris_FRA
I got a credit note too, but in my case it was for the first 12 days of the subscription, as they had not delivered the paper to me... ^
letter from Handelsblatt:
Das Abo endet nach drei Monaten. Wenn Sie einen weiteren Bezug (+1000 Meilen pro Monat) wnschen teilen Sie uns dies bitte mit.....

(English: abo is only for 3 month, if i like more call Handelsblatt)

Almschi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.