Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS A330 seats? Star Silver, Call OS for seats?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G
OS A330 seats? Star Silver, Call OS for seats?

Hi!
We're booked on OS IAD-VIE next week in seats 18D,E,F on the 332. Are these good seats? This is what we got from calling United to book seats, the flight is United coded but Austrian Metal. Any chance we could do any better? Is it worth calling OS?
Thanks!
-JBLU
Old Dec 31, 2004, 2:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Silver VIP
os A330

Originally Posted by JBLUA320
Hi!
We're booked on OS IAD-VIE next week in seats 18D,E,F on the 332. Are these good seats? This is what we got from calling United to book seats, the flight is United coded but Austrian Metal. Any chance we could do any better? Is it worth calling OS?
Thanks!
-JBLU
dear jblu

Your seats are quite ok, as all seats in OS Economy have IFE and you are in the middle cabin which is usally much quieter than the cabin in the back (and usally they stack more people in the back cabin so chances are much higher to get empty seats or a whole for yourself in rows 10-25).

For my part I prefer the seats 24 A/B respectivley 24 J/K as the service starts from 25 to front. Also FAs will stand during boarding behind 25 D/G so you can hae chit chat and try to get a whole row for yourself if empty (which happens during that time of year quite often on the iad-vie).

Noise from the toilet is not a problems as people usually queue to the back.

have a look at the seating map
here. Business class is number 1-5, economy starts at 10.

should you have any other question let me know!
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:15 pm

How would you rate long distance Y class in OS compared say to other European carriers. I have some travel options based round Vienna later this year and I may have to be down the back.
Ozflier
Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OS service in longhaul is a bit better than LH, seats are very similar, IFE is of course better since everyone has their own personal set.

Inside Europe OS is better in service attitude, but most flights are food for purchase, with varying quality, but good price.

OS recognises FTL status much better than LH, or atleast says those extra words sometimes. I have actually been waitlisted on the cheapest fare class after calling the OS call center and got a reservation in that class two days later only because of FTL status.

Regards Oliver
Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:48 am

As you are *S, you might prefer UA.
UA will give you one of their E+ seats if you are *S or *G.
E+ has a much better seat pitch and mostly IFE on longhaul flights.
On UA Economy you will get 100% mileage even in the cheaper booking classes.
I would recommend calling UA and making a reservation to be sure you get the E+ seat!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Silver VIP
Smile

Originally Posted by Snobs
As you are *S, you might prefer UA.
UA will give you one of their E+ seats if you are *S or *G.
E+ has a much better seat pitch and mostly IFE on longhaul flights.
On UA Economy you will get 100% mileage even in the cheaper booking classes.
I would recommend calling UA and making a reservation to be sure you get the E+ seat!
only problem is - UA doesn't fly to Austria, respectively VIE. There are rumours they might add ORD - VIE in summer on UA metal.

regards,
rob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.