Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

M&M Card

I'm sure this is one of those ridiculous questions that people just read and shake their heads - but I'm curious - is there a way to get a M&M card without actually flying Lufthansa? I have PE status on UAL, so all of my Star Alliance miles go on to my UA card. Just would like to get the basic M&M card without the mandatory 3000 air miles? Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to FT pdx42

You wont get a M&M card without qualifying (3000 miles). Why do you want it if you arent going to use it?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pdx42
Just would like to get the basic M&M card without the mandatory 3000 air miles? Thanks.
You get a temporary number with all the value of a regular number, and I received my permanent card after 3000 miles and I remember they weren't weren't air miles. If you fill out a paper application, you get a card right away--a paper card
Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:35 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
it does not have all the value of a real plastic card! you cannot buy etickets on it , you cannot book awards on it. had this problem when i wanted to redeem an award for a friend who had no credit card. it wouldnt work with the temporary paper card. paper tickets needed to be issued.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:45 am

Programs: LH,KL,OK,OA and others
mith : I had the same issue untill i found out ( by calling M&M helpdesk) that you can save his/her e-ticket on your M&M card . Provided you travel together , of course
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mith
it does not have all the value of a real plastic card! you cannot buy etickets on it , you cannot book awards on it.
You are absolutely right. I've never had this situation, because everyone has had credit cards to attach the etix to. Thanks for pointing this out! ^
Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:20 pm

But may I ask: can the initial 3k miles be on an other Star Alliance member and just give them the temporary MM number?
Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:23 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by best
But may I ask: can the initial 3k miles be on an other Star Alliance member and just give them the temporary MM number?
Yep, even Car rentals are possible
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: US SP, LH M&M
as far as i know i didn't fly on lh in the beginning either, but still got the "real" plastic card. if u check on their m&m site every once in a while to see how u can earn miles without actually flying LH (see lufthansa's m&m partners) it shouldn't be a problem.
if you're thinking about applying...if someone else enlists u as a new M&m member, that person and yourself will receive 2000 miles each as soon as you've collected 3000 miles.
if you're looking for volonteers, give me a shout
Old Jan 9, 2005, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Yep, even Car rentals are possible
Deutsche Bank has a promotion offering 3,000 M&M miles for a new customer who opens an account. I wonder if that would suffice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.