Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LH-Service for Top-Customers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

New LH-Service for Top-Customers

According to "Handelsblatt", Lufthansa is planning to cooperate with Netjets. Top-Customers and First-Class Passengers can use a private jet to reach their long-haul flight. Service will start in April 2005 for long-haul flights ex MUC.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:03 am

Do you have any more details ? I can hardly imagine that this makes economically sense for LH ? I have no idea about operating costs per hour of a private jet but must be surely over € 1500 ? Or are they now marketing their CRJ as private jets ? Even for Top Customers and F Pax that kills a lot of revenue. Can't imagine that this becomes reality. Can you give the link to the full story ?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:20 am

http://www.handelsblatt.com/pshb/fn/...t/0/index.html

4,800 EUR per flight hour for smaller amounts. I'm sure that LH gets a better price but it's still at least 3,000 EUR per flight hour which means about 6,000 EUR for a return feeder. More than the F ticket price in many cases.

Makes virtually no sense to me ... or I'm missing something important.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
This doesn't make economic sense given currently available business jets. However, once the Eclipse 500 becomes available, this might make economic sense. Pogo certainly thinks so. See http://www.flypogo.com/
Old Oct 11, 2004, 5:38 am
Uli

Originally Posted by vivamuci
Do you have any more details ? I can hardly imagine that this makes economically sense for LH ? I have no idea about operating costs per hour of a private jet but must be surely over € 1500 ? Or are they now marketing their CRJ as private jets ? Even for Top Customers and F Pax that kills a lot of revenue. Can't imagine that this becomes reality. Can you give the link to the full story ?

who said this service will be free?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 5:57 am
Original Poster

from n-tv.de:

Die Deutsche Lufthansa prüft derzeit die Einführung eines exklusiven Flugangebots für ihre Top-Kunden.

"Wir denken darüber nach, unseren Gästen mit höchsten Ansprüchen ein maßgeschneidertes Flugangebot zu unterbreiten", sagte eine Sprecherin am Montag auf Anfrage. Dazu liefen derzeit Gespräche mit mehreren potenziellen Partnern. Ein solches Angebot fürs oberste Segment passe in die Differenzierungsstrategie der Lufthansa, fügte sie hinzu und verwies auf die Top-Kunden-Terminals an den Lufthansa-Drehkreuzen Frankfurt und München, die in Kürze fertiggestellt werden sollen.

Details wollte die Sprecherin nicht nennen. Sie bestätigte damit aber in Teilen entsprechende Medienberichte vom Montag. Das "Handelsblatt" berichtet unter Berufung auf Unternehmenskreise über eine mögliche Kooperation mit dem Businessflugzeuganbieter Netjets, der im Besitz des US-Milliardärs Warren Buffet ist.

Demnach will die Lufthansa mit Beginn des Sommerflugplans 2005 eine bestimmte Anzahl von Netjets-Fliegern buchen, um damit First-Class-Gäste von ihrem Heimatflughafen zum Abflugort des jeweiligen Langstreckenfluges zu transportieren. Wie die "Financial Times Deutschland" (FTD) meldet, hat der Konzernvorstand das Projekt bereits durchgewinkt, es fehle nur noch die Unterschrift.

Netjets hat mehr als 6.000 Kunden und verfügt mit 535 Maschinen über die weltweit größte Flotte von Privatflugzeugen.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Uli
who said this service will be free?
The story says that it will be for F-Pax and Top Customers.
So I assumed that it will be free. Why not offer it to SEN's too if one has to pay for it ? Especially as ex MUC most flights are now C- / Y-Class only.
After reading the full story the service makes more sense to me.
The likely customer will be the one that is short on time and wants to connect very quick after his meeting to his intercont destination. But then if the customer has to pay for the service it is very likely that he pays F fares.
So would it then not make more sense to offer that service first to FRA and then to MUC ?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
traffic at FRA too high

Originally Posted by vivamuci
So would it then not make more sense to offer that service first to FRA and then to MUC ?
FRA has limitations on their runway capacity, so only MUC can accomodate short term flight plans with private jets, even at peak times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.