Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Difference between C and D?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:49 am
Original Poster

What is the Difference between C and D?

I just booked a Business Class ticket FRA-YUL-FRA on the phone. When the ticket arrived it shows me in 'C' Class FRA-YUL and coming back YUL-FRA I am in 'D' Class.
I phoned to ask the difference and then assured me it is the same. But I am curious to know why there is a 'D' Class and what it represents.
Thanks
Old Jul 15, 2004, 3:56 am

Programs: LH Sen, BA Gold
Originally Posted by The Tsar
I phoned to ask the difference and then assured me it is the same. But I am curious to know why there is a 'D' Class and what it represents.
Thanks
D is just a different fare bucket, for discounted business class. The actual product (seat, service etc) is the same. Differences to C: limited availability, fares often have more restrictions compared to C fares.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just booked a Business Class ticket FRA-YUL-FRA on the phone. When the ticket arrived it shows me in 'C' Class FRA-YUL and coming back YUL-FRA I am in 'D' Class.
Thanks
Tsar there is no need to cross post! You also have an answer on the AC board.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:01 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
AC uses D as their bussiness award bucket.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:10 am

Thanks
Let me guess: FRA-YUL on AC flight number, YUL-FRA on LH flight number, right? Then your ticket is a plain vanilla restricted Business Class ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.