Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run Airrail *confused*

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2004, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M; UA M+; Sixt; Hilton Honors; *wood; Steigenberger; LHW; Kempinski Private Concierge
Mileage Run Airrail *confused*

Doing a mileage run on next weekend a nice LH agent phoned me today if my cross bookings aren't a mistake. Seems they check now the travel pattern. Anybody experienced the same?
Now it comes: She told me by the way that no more miles are credited with the airrail from 31/12 last year on. Well I know that it's wrong but they still try to avoid people from taking the airrail service to get their rest of mileage to get/keep status.

PS: Since I'm status member (half year ago) no more miles post automatically. I have to claim them all by sending the boarding passes. Anybody experiences something like that.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old Jul 14, 2004, 6:24 am

There a still miles and there will be miles after the 1st of August.
I also noted that they have a crediting problem only some of my flights got credited automatically. But I dont think there is a concept behind it. Sometimes only the return flight is credited sometimes non at all. I never trust anybody from LH if it comes to miles and they do not have it in written form.

I dont really think that LH minds the MR on the train to much. Capacity is quit limited and the still make good money from it as well. More important are the free slots they get from it in FRA. If they really would mind they would do something about it eg. cut the miles like they did on the domestic T fare.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 6:50 am

Programs: LH Sen; BA Gold; HH Diamond; *W Gold
[QUOTE=FTL from FTL]
PS: Since I'm status member (half year ago) no more miles post automatically. I have to claim them all by sending the boarding passes. Anybody experiences something like that.

QUOTE]

After 30 days you can claim your missing "flights" only. No need to send in your BPs any longer. You should get the missing miles credited after a couple of days without any problems!
Old Jul 14, 2004, 7:55 am

I did 4 segments on the train in the last 4 weeks - all posted with the regular 2000 + 500 miles automatically within around 2 days.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:05 am

Same experience for me.

By the way, I noticed that the all of the seats in the compartment were reserved ZWS-FRA and FRA-ZWS even though in most cases there was either no one or only one other passenger with me.

I suppose LH reserves them so the slips of paper are in the door (or the sign is lit) and folks who aren't used to the LH/AIRail concept don't think the "unsold" seats in the compartment are open and sit there with regular DB tickets. (Either that, or there are still a bunch of folks doing virtual AIRailing, but I don't think so.)

I wonder whether LH has to pay DB for those seats, or whether DB allows them to be "blocked" by LH even though they're unsold.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FTL from FTL

Thanks in advance for your advice!
When I earned FTL, only about 1 in 9 of my flights were credited. But when I finally earned SEN, the problem went away. All flights since then have posted perfectly.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:31 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I made 3 RT's on AirRail in March as FLT (that finished my 100,000 for SEN.) All 3 Saturday segments came up at the M&M kiosk at FRA on Sunday, including the Winter miles bonus. Sunday's 3 return segments took a little longer to post.

I noticed that the compartment showed as being full, also. I usually prefer one of the "Economy" seats, as I think the compartment is usually cramped and the recline in the seat feels wrong.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:23 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I take some Airrail flights visiting friends in ZWS and FRA in the past year. Last year, only one or two segments the most time the segment out of FRA show up automatically.

This year, I asked the folks of start.de (I book many of my tickes at start.de) to put my FTL number in my profile, so my flight show up in my booked flights at Lufthansa.de. Since I have done this, no miles for any flight was missing. Perhaps it may help if you FTL number was noticed while booking the tickets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.