Wiki Posts
Search

Question: LH AirRail

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Question: LH AirRail

Hi,

read a lot about AirRail which sounds nice. Will the miles also count for United Mileage Plus status or only for LH status?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Miles and More only. LH will allow you to put your Mileage Plus number in the record, but then you will never, ever get any miles for that trip.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by zvezda
Miles and More only. LH will allow you to put your Mileage Plus number in the record, but then you will never, ever get any miles for that trip.
Imo you will get UA miles. I always got AC miles when taking the train. Only 625 miles oneway but better than nothing.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 9:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, QF Silver
UA will give you nothing!!

According to a UA policy you can earn miles on LH- flights, but not on their Codeshare partners like the Airrail. You also get no miles when flying from FRA to CLT with LH- flight No. on US metall! The only Codeshare Partner permitted is UA metal flown with LH no.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LH-STR
You also get no miles when flying from FRA to CLT with LH- flight No. on US metall!
This may have been the case before US joined the *-Alliance but already was a LH partner, but since those flight will count on UA as well.

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.