Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:36 am
Suspended

Programs: mosttraveledpeople.com
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Amazing.... I also thought most of these people only flew on private aircraft...
To the Australian and Malaysian Grand Prix, only Bernie Ecclestone, Frank Williams and Michael Schumacher (used to) fly in their own private jets. Vijay Mallya now also uses his own jet (Kingfisher A 319).

Economical reasons, not only due to distance, but also due to total trip duration (almost 3 weeks - with 2 weeks in between both Grands Prix).

Back in Europe most of the F1 drivers and team bosses will fly in private jets.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:06 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by mamb0
LX 15 Monday, June 08, 2009 George Clooney on 1A, Richard Kind on 1K, their Entourage on 1D and 1F.

I sat on 2D.
I saw him many times on that flight and vice versa .

I guess he was connecting to Lugano, Switzerland where he has a huge mansion on Lake Como.

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Sep 1, 2009 at 5:12 am
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Jeremy Wariner (400 m USATF) on ZRH-FRA. There were few other athletes from Zurich Weltklasse meet, leaving last Friday, that I didn't recognize.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by LH/LX
I saw him many times on that flight and vice versa .

I guess he was connecting to Lugano, Switzerland where he has a huge mansion on Lake Como.
Yes that was their destination. They sat next to us in FCL although they were offered some seclusion and waited for their connection.
Quite a fun gang. Was their first time on the new F-class or at least for most of them.
And interesting to see to what service level LX FA are willing to go, when their guest is a) male, b) sexy), c) celebrity and d) rich.
The overly cheerful and rabbitlike jumping, nearly hovering from excitement young female FA who came from c-cabin to happily and with a big smile of satisfaction fulfill a special wish and bring some heavy liquor to Mr.C. that was missing in the F-class selection , that I truly will never forget.. and then the cohortes of FAs, young and old that made themselves comfortable on the ottoman, quite impressive. Didnt know there where that many FA on board... And additionaly I now finaly know what this little ottomanthingy actually is for...
Clooney could have scored everyone on that plane. The captain and my wife included.
And perhaps even me
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Yes that was their destination. They sat next to us in FCL although they were offered some seclusion and waited for their connection.
Quite a fun gang. Was their first time on the new F-class or at least for most of them.
And interesting to see to what service level LX FA are willing to go, when their guest is a) male, b) sexy), c) celebrity and d) rich.
The overly cheerful and rabbitlike jumping, nearly hovering from excitement young female FA who came from c-cabin to happily and with a big smile of satisfaction fulfill a special wish and bring some heavy liquor to Mr.C. that was missing in the F-class selection , that I truly will never forget.. and then the cohortes of FAs, young and old that made themselves comfortable on the ottoman, quite impressive. Didnt know there where that many FA on board... And additionaly I now finaly know what this little ottomanthingy actually is for...
Clooney could have scored everyone on that plane. The captain and my wife included.
And perhaps even me
I'm sorry to hear, that LX does not respect the privacy of a F pax.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
And perhaps even me
This is too good!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I'm sorry to hear, that LX does not respect the privacy of a F pax.
I think he was ok with it, he even spent time with them in the galley. They were in a good mood.. When Kindle arrived in the first class cabin, he immediately took the room and addressed the remaining 3 pax (my wife, an older lady and me) as if we were in an AA-meeting. ("Hello, my name is Richard" "Hi Richard") and cracked some jokes about his looks and how much he needs Clooney to have success with chicks and wished us a pleasant trip and asked us to ignore the snoring that will be coming from Clooney not him.

Was a smart move, it took immediatly the awkwardness away that normally fills a room when celebs enter.

We didnt feel disturbed and were not in any way treated with less attention than the previous times I was fortunate to enjoy LX F. (and by the way: the new config rocks. Although the table is less moveable and the ottoman seems a bit lower than the old one.. In bed mode, my feet nearly were dangling free so I put another cushion under the spread.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:33 pm

Nicolas Cage at the FCT right now...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:10 am

Programs: LH, UA, AA, ...
Couple years back I was in a plane TXL-FRA with Hartmut Mehdorn (Ex-CEO of Deusche Bahn) and Wolfgang Mayrhuber (CEO of Lufthansa), both seated in the first row, of course. Both seemed to be having a nice chat ... don't know what about, though.

Cheers,
Marlowe
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Marlowe73
Couple years back I was in a plane TXL-FRA with Hartmut Mehdorn (Ex-CEO of Deusche Bahn) and Wolfgang Mayrhuber (CEO of Lufthansa), both seated in the first row, of course. Both seemed to be having a nice chat ... don't know what about, though.

Cheers,
Marlowe
"Hartmut, if you turn Deutsche Bahn into an expensive service hell hole with failing brakes, burning engines, fewer connections and even less punctuality than my flights from MUC in winter, basically make everyone happily pay my higher airfares, I will give you a free Sen Card for the next qualification cycle!"
"May I use the showers on arrival, Wolfgang?"
"Only up to 01.10.2009"
"Deal"
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Cem Özdemir today on LH253 TXL-DUS in 5A (Y).
Boarded last and slept through most of the flight.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:55 am

I think he was ok with it, he even spent time with them in the galley. They were in a good mood.. When Kindle arrived in the first class cabin, he immediately took the room and addressed the remaining 3 pax (my wife, an older lady and me) as if we were in an AA-meeting. ("Hello, my name is Richard" "Hi Richard") and cracked some jokes about his looks and how much he needs Clooney to have success with chicks and wished us a pleasant trip and asked us to ignore the snoring that will be coming from Clooney not him.

We didnt feel disturbed
I would have , one of the reasons for F , is privacy and a calm environment.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Cem Özdemir today on LH253 TXL-DUS in 5A (Y).
Boarded last and slept through most of the flight.
No bodyguard?

Remember, years ago, one of the claims by the green party during campaign was that Germans should just "be allowed to fly" on vacation every five years.

Was this "one in a five years" shot?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
No bodyguard?

Remember, years ago, one of the claims by the green party during campaign was that Germans should just "be allowed to fly" on vacation every five years.

No muscle around him.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Judging from the number of times, I have seen Cem Özdemir at TXL, he must have used up his allocation already for the next hundred years. And I don't think he was planespotting there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.