Wiki Posts
Search

*G checkin question (flying Y class)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2004, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
*G checkin question (flying Y class)

I am *G (UA Prem Ex), flying Y class on LH with family (wife, 2 kids). They have no status.

Can we all checkin at the F or C counter, or just me?
Old Apr 4, 2004, 3:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
As "Head of the Herd" I always consider myself (conveniently) to be the decisive factor and therefore, even though my wife and two sons are only lowly *S, always check-in together at the *G counter.

But more seriously, what do you reckon my life expectancy would be if I checked in alone at *G and sent my wife and kids to the Y counter......
Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:13 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
it depends..

If you're checking in in the US, you'll be fine ^

If you're checking in in Europe, some LH personnel will find some obscure rule that will send the wife and kids to the long lines

All kidding aside, I've done this when travelling with my folks (no status or *S at best) and it hasn't been a problem... then again, it's not as if we're trying to get everyone an E+ seat.
Old Apr 4, 2004, 10:27 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Just push your status card ahead of all the paperwork, and go for the shortest line you find. You should be OK...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.