Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

City Airlines: New AOC for short- and medium Haul A320 ops ex MUC/FRA starting S24

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

City Airlines: New AOC for short- and medium Haul A320 ops ex MUC/FRA starting S24

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Unless it doesn't. There could well be teething issues about contract lounge access with the change of operating carrier, even if outright just not signing the contracts is not expected.
Quite, contract lounge access is not a given for a separate airline, Discover negotiated their own & entirely separate contracts with the lounge operators……
Old May 8, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by chris63
…Discover negotiated their own & entirely separate contracts with the lounge operators……
That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m worried about.

And I neither own nor wear any pearls.
chris63, Fabo.sk and Harper50505 like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by chris63
Quite, contract lounge access is not a given for a separate airline, Discover negotiated their own & entirely separate contracts with the lounge operators……
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m worried about.

And I neither own nor wear any pearls.
I'm pretty happy to believe Oliver that the plan is that VL, unlike 4Y (and EW) is going to be positioned as full-service airline, even a *A member, with lounge contracts as such. Although you never know.
What I am less happy to believe is that some intern somewhere will not forget to arrange a new contract in time. Or that a lounge operator will not take the opportunity to increase prices and get locked in a battle of wits with local LH/VL rep.
chris63, FlyerLX and worldclubber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.