Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA-SFO/ORD vv Cancelled till 22MAR2024 due to B748 crew issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
FRA-SFO/ORD vv Cancelled till 22MAR2024 due to B748 crew issues

Originally Posted by sdfamily
My flight from SFO-FRA-FLR (LH First) was cancelled.

When I originally looked, no rebooking.

Looked a little later, rebooked SFO-ZRH-FLR (LX First). Fine, works for me.
In addition, it now shows another flight SFO-LHR-ZRH (BA First). This one has a ticket number. They both are listed in My Bookings.

How do I get the LX one to be the ticketed one? I'm supposed to go to FLR, not ZRH, and I don't want to fly BA.

I tried using the Chat Bot once and made it to Live Agent, only to be disconnected.
I'm curious - was this strike related because the cabin crew would be landing on 12 March? I only ask as I am on this flight LH 455 tomorrow (Tuesday, 12 March). Looks like inbound LH 454 was cancelled Tuesday, so I assume the 747-8 is still at SFO and should be able to fly LH455 tomorrow/Tuesday?

Last, where do I find the number for the LH first hotline if there is a cancellation?

Last edited by FoxFlyer; Mar 11, 2024 at 6:53 pm
Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Or LJU. Technically in a different country, but it's Schengen and less than 100km away.
Got this rebooked, with much confusion on UA's part, to VCE. Not the best, not the worst solution.
Interestingly, LH455/454 (SFO<>FRA) seems to be canceled through next week. Wondering what's up with that??
Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
I'm curious - was this strike related because the cabin crew would be landing on 12 March? I only ask as I am on this flight LH 455 tomorrow (Tuesday, 12 March). Looks like inbound LH 454 was cancelled Tuesday, so I assume the 747-8 is still at SFO and should be able to fly LH455 tomorrow/Tuesday?

Last, where do I find the number for the LH first hotline if there is a cancellation?
LH 455 cancelled through Wednesday at the least, probably longer. No explanation from LH, terrible accommodation - good luck!
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:05 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
LH is notoriously short of 748s, I'm guessing one was forced into bigger maintenance, they didn't have a suitable replacement, and SFO was chosen as the one to get the axe as there's decent coverage between UA flights, other group hubs and possiblity to leverage UA feeding into another NA destinations.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
Got this rebooked, with much confusion on UA's part, to VCE. Not the best, not the worst solution.
Interestingly, LH455/454 (SFO<>FRA) seems to be canceled through next week. Wondering what's up with that??
Currently cancelled through to 23rd, presumably LH do not currently have a frames to service the route.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
LH is notoriously short of 748s, I'm guessing one was forced into bigger maintenance, they didn't have a suitable replacement, and SFO was chosen as the one to get the axe as there's decent coverage between UA flights, other group hubs and possiblity to leverage UA feeding into another NA destinations.
They have 19, B748 in service, D-ABYD & D-ABYQ are in XMN, presumably as planned, D-ABYM came in from EZE on 14th but has no current plan to fly.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:20 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
LH 455 cancelled through Wednesday at the least, probably longer. No explanation from LH, terrible accommodation - good luck!
according to aerotelegraph, LH do not have enough 747-8 pilots at the moment - they canceled SFO until March 22

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/luftha...personalmangel
Old Mar 16, 2024, 4:29 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by HKG1111
according to aerotelegraph, LH do not have enough 747-8 pilots at the moment - they canceled SFO until March 22

Hope that at least they will fix the seats while the planes are not flying.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 4:46 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by MichielR
Hope that at least they will fix the seats while the planes are not flying.
if the mechanics are not on strike
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Carsten should put his uniform back on & keep things going, does he not remember ‘non stop you’ ?
livefromtuscany and hugolover like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
Carsten should put his uniform back on & keep things going, does he not remember ‘non stop you’ ?
totally off topic, but wasn't he a Captain on the 320?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And his brother is/was some training captain on EW.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by HKG1111

Seems now that it's back in schedule as from 18.03 (Mon)... fingers crossed, as I have this 3x in the next 6 weeks.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
What would be the point of reinstating the flights if they've already rebooked affected pax and those pax have already adjusted their own travel and life plans in response to the cancellation/rebook? Unless there are many pax who weren't able to be rebooked and are still in limbo (unlikely), it seems silly and not worthwhile to have to manually identify the affected pax on several other LH/UA flights, rebook them back, and upend their lives a second time.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to LH.com & FR24 SFO flights are still cancelled up until 23rd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.