Wiki Posts
Search

Bid/fixed price upgrade and QPs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2024, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Bid/fixed price upgrade and QPs

I am flying EWR - FRA in PE, then MUC- EWR also in PE. If I opt for the bid/fixed upgrade to Biz, does this put me in P or C and does this also affect the PQP difference for UA since my Mileage Plus is attached to the reservation. I booked this directly with LH.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LesPaul30
I am flying EWR - FRA in PE, then MUC- EWR also in PE. If I opt for the bid/fixed upgrade to Biz, does this put me in P or C and does this also affect the PQP difference for UA since my Mileage Plus is attached to the reservation. I booked this directly with LH.
A bid or advanced fixed price upgrade changes your booking class, usually to the lowest in the new cabin regardless of inventory.

Cash upgrades at the airport don't change your fare class.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:53 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
oliver2002 you seem to be the most knowledgeable on this topic. If I have purchase a green eco fare that includes 20% bonus QP and then subsequently pay to upgrade at a fixed price, online and before check in, do I then get the bonus 20% bonus QPs based upon business class, or does the bonus effect get dropped?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The system won't pick up on the original green fare and you have to go for a manual retrocredit. AFAIR the green component is credited using an NDC misc document, similar to the cash upgrade. So the flight will post as upgraded, but not realize you have green component.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:23 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The system won't pick up on the original green fare and you have to go for a manual retrocredit. AFAIR the green component is credited using an NDC misc document, similar to the cash upgrade. So the flight will post as upgraded, but not realize you have green component.
thanks for the fast response.

so per the rules I should then get 48QPs and HON points for the continental segment. Not sure those 8 points are going to get me much closer to 6000 HON points.

I am looking forward to the ORC hassle.

I am actually thinking that I only deserve the 4 points based upon eco since I only paid the carbon offset of a seat with less geography. The offset price difference is also higher in business. I don’t get their logic. On my routing the offset price is cheaper on a one way than on the same flight as part of a round trip ticket.

Last edited by cbellero; Mar 11, 2024 at 9:54 am
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Came back here to confirm my LX fixed price advance upgrade resulted in 40 QP.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:55 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by cbellero
thanks for the fast response.

so per the rules I should then get 48QPs and HON points for the continental segment. Not sure those 8 points are going to get me much closer to 6000 HON points.

I am looking forward to the ORC hassle.

I am actually thinking that I only deserve the 4 points based upon eco since I only paid the carbon offset of a seat with less geography. The offset price difference is also higher in business. I don’t get their logic. On my routing the offset price is cheaper on a one way than on the same flight as part of a round trip ticket.
it’s not really an offset price - even though LH makes us believe that
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.