Search

Seat selection LH for *Gold

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Asiana Cub // FF Miles&More // Diamond HHonors
Seat selection LH for *Gold

Dear all,

Issue : Since this week cant choose seat for free in the plane even in Economy. (I fly LH nearly every week and even last week I could still book the prefered area seat for free... seems like this is gone) - After moving from Group 1 boarding to group 2 boarding since Q2. (which is not a big difference but still seems to indicate a trend)

Question : Would anyone else have experienced the same ? I find it quite anoying especially on the short flights to UK where if you are at the back of the plane you just loose an extra 20 mins at imigration.

Thanks for your confirmation if you experience the same ? And happy to have your thoughts as I really think benefits are getting down every month.

Best regards,
LMQT

Why am I not on M&M ? Flying with LH nearly every week but since I do shorth flights all in coach I would not get any status with them --> I do Asiana and get the *G.... (appart for visiting family once or twice a year) -
Old Dec 4, 2023, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Lmqt
[...]

Why am I not on M&M ? Flying with LH nearly every week but since I do shorth flights all in coach I would not get any status with them --> I do Asiana and get the *G.... (appart for visiting family once or twice a year) -
If you fly LH every week - even just short haul and in Y - you most certainly will earn status also on m&m. I myself have a lot of butt-in-seat time on LH domestic and manage to achieve SEN every year. It's a lot of flying, but it works.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by sw1x
If you fly LH every week - even just short haul and in Y - you most certainly will earn status also on m&m. I myself have a lot of butt-in-seat time on LH domestic and manage to achieve SEN every year. It's a lot of flying, but it works.
If you fly a simple return 50 times a year, they still have to mostly be Y/M/B to reach SEN. Most tickets don't go that high, often even same day tickets.

It's absurdly difficult to reach SEN compared to other *G programs, hell, you can get *G elsewhere for the same flights that won't even get you to FTL on M&M
gojko88 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Free preferred seating is and was not part of the official *G benefits. That's only an official benefit for SEN & HON.
Same is valid the other way round at other *A airlines (e.g.at UA for SEN).
Old Dec 5, 2023, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
If you fly a simple return 50 times a year, they still have to mostly be Y/M/B to reach SEN. Most tickets don't go that high, often even same day tickets.

It's absurdly difficult to reach SEN compared to other *G programs, hell, you can get *G elsewhere for the same flights that won't even get you to FTL on M&M
Only if you are very careful about the booking classes, there are several in both Business and Economy with LH that earn nothing with A3 or TK.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Harper50505
Only if you are very careful about the booking classes, there are several in both Business and Economy with LH that earn nothing with A3 or TK.
There are other airlines than LH and other programs than A3 and TK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.