Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any restrictions if I buy FC ticket only with miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2023, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Are any restrictions if I buy FC ticket only with M & M miles?

Sorry to ask, couldn't find an answer.

Normally I‘m using Miles & Miles to book hotels or for upgrades to C or F and I’m landing on the waiting list. To be on a waiting list it’s not a comfortable option, you can wait until a day of departure.

How it works if I buy FC ticket from scratch with miles, it will be suddenly confirmed, can choose a seat and not worry about?

Thx in advance and gave a great day.

Last edited by anonimous; Sep 3, 2023 at 10:14 am Reason: correction
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by anonimous
Sorry to ask, couldn't find an answer.

Normally I‘m using Miles & Miles to book hotels or for upgrades to C or F and I’m landing on the waiting list. To be on a waiting list it’s not a comfortable option, you can wait until a day of departure.

How it works if I buy FC ticket from scratch with miles, it will be suddenly confirmed, can choose a seat and not worry about?

Thx in advance and gave a great day.
Sure, no restrictions IF you can find availability apart from some routes like BOS, MEX or EZE
anonimous likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Your biggest concern is actually finding dates and flights w/ O class availability. From your post it look like you think it is just a matter of deciding whether to pay for the ticket in cash or miles; it is not!
chris63, DiamondMile and anonimous like this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Of course to find availability you need a luck, but hope get soon senator status and can buy LX/LH FC ticket with M&M miles.

Last edited by anonimous; Sep 3, 2023 at 2:36 pm
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Of course to find availability you need a luck, but hope get soon senator status and can buy LX/LH FC ticket with M&M miles.
Even as HON, not talking about SEN, it is very difficult to find F award space (as already stated by chris63 ).
anonimous and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Thx, but is it possible to book M&M award FC ticket as Frequent Traveller?
Old Sep 3, 2023, 10:32 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Thx, but is it possible to book M&M award FC ticket as Frequent Traveller?
In theory yes (apart from for LX operated flights). In practice, potentially yes IF there is availability. Your best chances are to the destinations, as mentioned by others here.

For LX flights, you have to be SEN/HON to book the award (a pax can be whoever SEN/HON wishes to book this ticket for).
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

I‘m SEN now and very hard to find any LX award flights in F.

Do I have more chance to call M&M helpline?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

No, just keep asking the LX SEN line.
anonimous likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by chris63
No, just keep asking the LX SEN line.
I took the question rather as call vs. online.
In my experience calling increases chances, but they remain slim.
chris63 and anonimous like this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 1:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire

LX F awards are not shown online. The only way to find available seats is by calling them.

LH F: everyone can book F awards on LH, no status need. But SEN/HON can waitlist and confirmation is usually given 7 days before departure if seats left
LX F: only SEN/HON can book, but no waitlist available.
anonimous likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:26 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
My experiences during last year:

LX F -- available only bur calling them and for HON/SEN only, waitlist (at least for HON) IS possible. When waitlist clears -- very difficult to say: half of cases I got my seat immedeatley, on anotther half of cases have experience from 24 hours to 4 hours before flight. Seems to have logic, that if on sale is A class available (but married segments must be met), then award is availble as well. Not sure, but that is only pattern what I find so far. Btw. LX F award/upgrade books to class A, not O (but miles of course by original class of booking or if award ticket then no miles)
LH F -- no limitation for M&M client to book. As HON I usually got seat immediately or within 48 hours in waitlist.
anonimous likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:36 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Raul_R
My experiences during last year:

LX F -- available only bur calling them and for HON/SEN only, waitlist (at least for HON) IS possible. When waitlist clears -- very difficult to say: half of cases I got my seat immedeatley, on anotther half of cases have experience from 24 hours to 4 hours before flight. Seems to have logic, that if on sale is A class available (but married segments must be met), then award is availble as well. Not sure, but that is only pattern what I find so far. Btw. LX F award/upgrade books to class A, not O (but miles of course by original class of booking or if award ticket then no miles)
LH F -- no limitation for M&M client to book. As HON I usually got seat immediately or within 48 hours in waitlist.
My experience is different:
on LH: as long as “A” is on sale, the request for “O” is confirmed either immediately or within a day. When only F is available, it gets denied. I would like to get one seat in “O” for LH462 (FRA-MIA) where currently the flight is F2A0 and the revenue management said “Nein”.
on LX: WL is an unpublished benefit and some agents seem to be willing to use it for LX flights while other decline outright. I could get award seat on a flight that was F1A0 weeks before departure and could only get confirmed at the gate for a flight that was F5A4 at check in.
anonimous likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So First class awards are no longer shown online? As FTL I had no difficulty finding availability to Buenos Aires and one or two other destinations, although there's certainly much less showing than before.
anonimous likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
So First class awards are no longer shown online? As FTL I had no difficulty finding availability to Buenos Aires and one or two other destinations, although there's certainly much less showing than before.
Not quite. LH F availability generally shown online - that is if there is any. And there hardly is (as there hardly is J availability if one desires a reasonably attractive destination at a convenient time of year).
LX I understand is only available by phone.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.