Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Lufthansa racist by design?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Duck1981
I am German and I am definitely not racist.
given the810s nationality I'm tempted to ask you why you won't accept a compliment

...since we are just being racist at one another and all.
the810 and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:21 am

Programs: LH M+M
what a time waste.

what would be the objective of that design? was that 15 times the last row in the bird?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
given the810s nationality I'm tempted to ask you why you won't accept a compliment

...since we are just being racist at one another and all.
The810's statement appears to have been made with somewhat of a very broad brush. As such it triggers disagreement. And, it may be me, but I fail to see the compliment. Care to elaborate?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:29 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by sw1x
The810's statement appears to have been made with somewhat of a very broad brush. As such it triggers disagreement. And, it may be me, but I fail to see the compliment. Care to elaborate?
I suspect Fabo.sk was referring to the fact that I myself come from a very racist nation, which is a valid point Anyway, we're getting into a very OMNI territory here. My point was simply that while one may often experience signs of low-key racism when dealing with Germans, and I sympathise with that, this is definitely not one of those cases, and OP being seated next to non-white people is pure coincidence.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Totally agree with #7 it is simply impossible given the severe limitations of LH IT, which knows no bounds….

LH are certainly Sexist….. i never get adjacent seating to anyone Fit & Drop Dead Gorgeous, just Frumpy & of advancing Age
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by chris63
LH are certainly Sexist.. i never get adjacent seating to anyone Fit & Drop Dead Gorgeous, just Frumpy & of advancing Age
What do you expect, flying in F? Slum it in Y and your chances improve. Least because suddenly you can have 2 neigbors, not just one
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
LH are certainly Sexist….. i never get adjacent seating to anyone Fit & Drop Dead Gorgeous, just Frumpy & of advancing Age
Again, not sexist at all. This is down to pure statistics, anyone who regularly flies Lufthansa will age and generally become miserable much faster. I've just spent a year flying LH Group regularly because of the status, and I found my first gray hair. Coincidence? I think not.

(But yet again it's important to mention that Germans are inherently sexist, 96% of German men only date women!)
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:27 am

Totally agree with #7 it is simply impossible given the severe limitations of LH IT, which knows no bounds.

LH are certainly Sexist.. i never get adjacent seating to anyone Fit & Drop Dead Gorgeous, just Frumpy & of advancing Age
Is it possible they are more advanced than we all think and are actually type-matching ;-) ?
the810 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:27 am

Why are we even having this rather ridiculous conversation? The OP, one person seeing a sinister racial connotation with LH’s seat assignments and perhaps with everything else in the World. While the majority would never even have had the thought ..why should you? Especially knowing how bookings are made and the ability to seat-select. (Since when do you have to input your ethnicity.)
behuman and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by sw1x
Is it possible they are more advanced than we all think and are actually type-matching ;-) ?
LH IT and advanced?

I'd be more inclined to believe Allegris is a class-leading product than that
TPJ and sw1x like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by xtra1
Why are we even having this rather ridiculous conversation? The OP, one person seeing a sinister racial connotation with LHs seat assignments and perhaps with everything else in the World. While the majority would never even have had the thought ..why should you? Especially knowing how bookings are made and the ability to seat-select. (Since when do you have to input your ethnicity.)
In my case as I am bored and at the moment cannot be bothered to deal with more important stuff.
chris63, the810 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:31 am

LH IT and advanced?

It will be class-leading in nickeling and diming its customers for (un-)wanted seat selections.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:36 am

LH IT and advanced?

Well, seating someone next to the exact opposite of who they want to be seated next to sounds exactly like something LH IT would do
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
I tend to agree with the OP. On all of my last 17 LH segments i was seated together with white caucasian descent people. Pure racism....thinking of taking LH to court for that. What do you think would be an appr. compensation?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by BER Flyer
I tend to agree with the OP. On all of my last 17 LH segments i was seated together with white caucasian descent people. Pure racism....thinking of taking LH to court for that. What do you think would be an appr. compensation?
One year of complimentary downgrades to economy so you don't need to taste Heimat.
PAX_fips and Deckter like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.