Search

FRA lounge renovations in W23/24

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
FRA lounge renovations in W23/24

Hi everyone,

Lufthansa lounge finder informs us that certain lounges will be closed in the coming months:

Between November 2023 and February 2024, a number of Lufthansa lounges at Frankfurt Airport will be undergoing renovation works. Each lounge will be closed for approximately one month at a time while work is carried out. In the meantime, we welcome passengers to our other designated lounges (subject to capacity).
Overview of all affected lounges:
  • Lufthansa Business Lounge A13: from November 2023
  • Lufthansa Business Lounge Z: from December 2023
  • Lufthansa Senator Lounge A: from January 2024
  • Lufthansa Senator Lounge Z: from February 2024
I'm flying BRU-FRA-RIX (SN2607-LH890 scheduled gate A34) on Thursday with a 2h55 layover in FRA and return on Sunday (LH891-SN2618 usually gates B10-B13) with a 5h25 layover.
I'm M&M Frequent Traveller and don't mind walking further (or clear immigration) to access a less crowded lounge, especially for the long layover on Sunday. Any suggestions on where I should go? For some reason LH advertises the Bistro Lounge in C in their "flight update" e-mail.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 1:27 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by BRUflyer
I'm flying BRU-FRA-RIX (SN2607-LH890 scheduled gate A34) on Thursday with a 2h55 layover in FRA and return on Sunday (LH891-SN2618 usually gates B10-B13) with a 5h25 layover.
I'm M&M Frequent Traveller and don't mind walking further (or clear immigration) to access a less crowded lounge, especially for the long layover on Sunday. Any suggestions on where I should go? For some reason LH advertises the Bistro Lounge in C in their "flight update" e-mail.
As FTL in A you have the option of A26 and Panorama lounge. If you don't mind passport control, Z as well. No point in going to B.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 3:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
I would have thought they'd have worked on Business Z first. I've never seen it open.

They let everyone pile in to the Senator Z instead.
MichielR likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Yony
I would have thought they'd have worked on Business Z first. I've never seen it open.

They let everyone pile in to the Senator Z instead.
Renovating it would be somewhat of a waste if it's never open anyway...
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Originally Posted by sw1x
Renovating it would be somewhat of a waste if it's never open anyway...
Maybe its condition is the reason it's never open.

At peak times, the Senator Z is severely overcrowded. I often fly from a Z gate but I'll spend as much of my time as possible in the Senator B lounge.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Yony
Maybe its condition is the reason it's never open.

At peak times, the Senator Z is severely overcrowded. I often fly from a Z gate but I'll spend as much of my time as possible in the Senator B lounge.
my irony probably didn't come across very well ;-)
Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: LH SEN
This will be particularly ...... for all of us that travel frequently from FRA and make use of the SEN A lounge... judging by the zoo I saw today outside the closed Business A lounge, and the queue in front of Panorama. I seriously hope LH thinks of a good solution as there is no alternative in A. I wish I could simply decide not to fly in January :-(
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Any word on what the renovations are?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by FS_FRA
This will be particularly ...... for all of us that travel frequently from FRA and make use of the SEN A lounge... judging by the zoo I saw today outside the closed Business A lounge, and the queue in front of Panorama. I seriously hope LH thinks of a good solution as there is no alternative in A. I wish I could simply decide not to fly in January :-(
Where the queues at peak time/during the week - and moving? Or where the lounges really full?
Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by BRUflyer
Where the queues at peak time/during the week - and moving? Or were the lounges really full?
It was around noon today. Business A obviously was closed and there were people milling around then heading to SEN A (where they got turned away as I encountered in as I was getting into the lounge. As I walked by Panorama on the way to my gate, the line was long and didn't seem to be moving...
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by ty97
Any word on what the renovations are?
I could see they tore out the entire floor in the A13 lounge. Likely they're doing more than a light touch-up.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
We can expect something like BER lounges to emerge on the other side.

I like the visuals, not sure the actual seating options will be an improvement... we shall see. However at least I hope that they won't sacrifice capacity to make the lounges feel "more open" or whatever the justification may be for low-density arrangement.

Also I am wondering if F&B differentiation will be brought back with the refit.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

Also I am wondering if F&B differentiation will be brought back with the refit.
Has been back for a while now, but not as clearly as pre-COVID. SEN has more options (e.g. charcuterie boards, wider liquor selection and, my personal favorite, a keg of Augustiner on Thursday/Friday afternoons in the FRA A-Gates lounge). But I agree, the differences are small but largely owed to an improved C-Lounge offering.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 9:16 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
If they follow their concept on how to renovate planes… only economy class can be done so quickly therefore do not expect much from it except, to have more seats for more people, less service and less quality of food and drinks. 😉
Old Nov 8, 2023, 10:44 pm

I know that a few months ago, on the CoCreation hub they conducted a small focus group on what people would like to see from their hub lounges. I told them to go see the new AS lounge at SEA, or the Admirals Club at DCA for example of what they should do for a short-haul lounge. For long-haul lounges, told them to go visit any Polaris lounge. I suspect they didn't.
chris63 and Gamerska like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.