Wiki Posts
Search

Unusual call by LOT

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHD
Unusual call by LOT

I received a call by LOT this morning that left me with a question if there was more to it than it seems.

Booked a roundtrip in business on LOT to Narita last January for September and already receivend three flight times notifications by email. Only half an hour earlier or later, so nothing consequential. I have never been called before to inform me about a slight change in flying times or even a cancellation as that was always done by email.

So I was somewhat puzzled that I got a call by LOT Warsaw office this morning to tell me that the flight times to Narita had changed again by half an hour. The question put to me if they had to re-issue the ticket or not. I told them to re-issue the ticket and received a confirmation shortly after.

After checking my date of flying there were no seats in business available (probably fully booked), so could this be a case of dealing with an overbooked flight by LOT and attempting to free up space?

The agent was not pushy or anything. Just curious if calling to inform passengers of a flight time change is standard LOT policy.
Old May 27, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Stephan54
I received a call by LOT this morning that left me with a question if there was more to it than it seems.

Booked a roundtrip in business on LOT to Narita last January for September and already receivend three flight times notifications by email. Only half an hour earlier or later, so nothing consequential. I have never been called before to inform me about a slight change in flying times or even a cancellation as that was always done by email.

So I was somewhat puzzled that I got a call by LOT Warsaw office this morning to tell me that the flight times to Narita had changed again by half an hour. The question put to me if they had to re-issue the ticket or not. I told them to re-issue the ticket and received a confirmation shortly after.

After checking my date of flying there were no seats in business available (probably fully booked), so could this be a case of dealing with an overbooked flight by LOT and attempting to free up space?

The agent was not pushy or anything. Just curious if calling to inform passengers of a flight time change is standard LOT policy.
Never ever had that experience, and none of my friends ever did.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I tried to look up the number, but it did not return a LOT telephone number or any other identifyable number. The location according to my iphone was Mazowieckie which is near the arport.
Old May 27, 2023, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gamerska
Never ever had that experience, and none of my friends ever did.
That will probably be irregularity. I’ve had loads of calls from them over the years to inform me of cancellations as well as time changes if I hadn’t confirmed them.

It’s strange they would need to reissue the ticket. I don’t understand why it would be reissued if there’s just a time change.

What are the last two digits of the phone number?
Old May 27, 2023, 6:30 am
Original Poster

73 the First numbers corresponded with their published number
Edit:
Hugolover's answer made me check the notification send by LOT on 7 May. I did not confirm the change, so that is probably why they called. In the meantime there must have been another change as the NRT departing time had changed again from the one of the 7 May mail. All is all sloppy reading on my side and good service on the side of LOT.
hugolover and Fabo.sk like this.

Last edited by Stephan54; May 27, 2023 at 7:22 am
Old May 27, 2023, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That’s the number for irreg. I’ve received dozens of calls over the past few years, but I do fly LO considerably more than other FT Members.

Yeah, you have to confirm the new times for such changes. For time changes the ticket likely wasn’t reissued but I suppose they say that to the pax to make things simpler to understand that the time change is accepted and send you a clear itinerary email “new ticket”.
Stephan54 likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by hugolover
That will probably be irregularity. I’ve had loads of calls from them over the years to inform me of cancellations as well as time changes if I hadn’t confirmed them.

It’s strange they would need to reissue the ticket. I don’t understand why it would be reissued if there’s just a time change.

What are the last two digits of the phone number?
You've had loads of calls? Perhaps because I am referring to the JFK/EWR people - we've never had a call. I've had people who showed up to JFK to discover that the flight was cancelled and no one bothered to advise.

And I am not dicussing people who fly once a year...
Old May 27, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
73 as well as 120 seams to be IROPS.
Same issue with the NRT flight from WAW moving there and back but usually I confirm it online.
Stephan54 likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Acceptance of a time change should only be a revalidation, no reissue required. Agreed that it may be a terminology thing not to confuse the passenger, but to be honest (not specific to LO), there are still agents out there that won't know the difference either.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT staff know what's reval and reissue. They actually do it for you on the phone right away rather than send PNR's to some bogus queue to be issued when they feel like à la LHG.

As the email they send is titled "Electronic Ticket Receipt" its probably the reason for that language.
Old May 30, 2023, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Our mail was labeled "CALL CENTER" <[email protected], the attachment: Electronic Ticket EMD receipt.
It also says: At check-in, please show a picture identification and the document you gave for reference at reservation time.The document you gave for reference: what document do they refer to?
Old May 30, 2023, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just ignore it, generic information. Any valid ID accepted for the destination is fine.
Stephan54 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.