Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish at JFK Terminal 7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN *
LOT Polish at JFK Terminal 7

What are the lounge options at JFK for LOT, LO27 departs from Terminal 7 and there's only Alaska Lounge?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by andywaw
What are the lounge options at JFK for LOT, LO27 departs from Terminal 7 and there's only Alaska Lounge?
I don't know the answer but talking about JFK lounge I am sure I read somewhere that there were plans for a LOT's own lounge? hugolover, any clue?

G
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:51 am

As a further addition to the JFK lounge topic (G also interested as will soon be flying LOT out of New York), the LOT website mentions British Airways Galleries Club but I wonder whether that's still the case as BA have now moved to T8? It would be good to know whether the lounge in question is still operational.

G
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:14 am
Original Poster

That's the point, BA moved out from Terminal 7 to Terminal 8 and I read that their lounge also closed down back in December. Actually, I'm not even sure if there is any lounge in Terminal 7 now, not even Alaska Lounge which is One World anyway.
So... LO offers nothing at JFK to their C class passengers and status card holders?
​​​​​
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
JFK T7 will be demolished in 2026 once the phase 1 of T6 is ready. I doubt anyone will open any dedicated lounge there. JMP are refurbishing the BA lounge complex to open a contract lounge there in 2023.

To deliver a positive guest experience, JMP will make some immediate enhancements to Terminal 7, including improved directional signage and digital screens for easier passenger navigation and finish upgrades to gate seating areas. A new children’s playscape located after security will open in 2023, and an updated airport lounge, now open to all passengers, will provide another option for passengers traveling through Terminal 7.
https://metroairportnews.com/jfk-mil...inal-7-at-jfk/
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:10 am
Original Poster

If there is nothing available by the end of February when I am flying JFK-WAW, LO Senator in C class, I am going to ask the station manager politely for drink/meal vouchers to use inside the Terminal 7, sorry LOT, Covid excuses are over.

According to the LOT website:

​​​​​LOT Business Class on long-haul flights
We have created LOT Business Class with you on our mind - the world's standard of traveling which guarantees the top travel comfort and maximum privacy both in the air and on land.

Relax before your travel

Travelling is a real pleasure right from your arrival at the airport. With a LOT Business Class ticket, you have access to business lounges at all main airports around the world.

Well, if LOT doesn't consider JFK to be "one of the main airports around the world" then I wonder what these airports are. And we mustn't forget about "the top travel comfort".
​​​​​
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you'll find the old BA T7 lounge space has continued, just operated by the airport, and that's where former non-OW airlines send their pax. I'd expect LO do the same.

They will open their own lounge in JFK T1 when they move. (EDIT: With Mr Milky gone, maybe that's in doubt?)

Last edited by hugolover; Jan 18, 2023 at 11:02 am
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34814320-post16.html

Apparently the BA lounge is now branded ANA. As ANA is *A, I presume you're good.
Thanks again! I'll check it out next month.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:25 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34814320-post16.html

Apparently the BA lounge is now branded ANA. As ANA is *A, I presume you're good.
... as long as it is still open for LO flights. ANA is down to a single flight (NH109) operating at 12.45 during winter and 18.15 during summer.

Please report back...
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I think you'll find the old BA T7 lounge space has continued, just operated by the airport, and that's where former non-OW airlines send their pax. I'd expect LO do the same.
I asked LOT about the lounge at JFK T7, and their reply is what you said: the former British Airways Lounge space has been administrated by another company. Access to the lounge on invitation only, LOT issues the invitations to eligible passengers at the check in counter. LOT check in counter at JFK T7 is open from 6:50 PM to 9:35 PM, LO27 departure time is 10:35 PM.
I'll make sure to check out the lounge in a month from now.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Here is the complete info on JFK Terminal 7 lounge.
LOT, along with other airlines uses the premises of ex BA lounge, now it is called "Terminal 7 Lounge", it is next to Alaska Lounge, upstairs just after the security.
LOT gives you a an invitation to the lounge at the check in counter. The check in counter opens at 18:35.
The lounge opening hours start in the morning with ANA passengers and finish when LOT passengers leave the lounge.
The lounge is spacious, lots of armchairs with charging ports, separate dining area.
You are given the menu and you choose food a la carte, self service bar options are very limited. Food is good and tasty. Brownie with ice cream is delicious and definitely recommended 😋
Restrooms are located in the lounge, showers were not opened but they are in the lounge too.
More details in the pics.

White bean escarole soup

Thai coconut curry

Brownie with ice cream

m.y and rollthere like this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

“Welcome to Business Lounge” even in the US, Basia’s Polish English persists 😂
Old Feb 26, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by andywaw
This really makes me appreciate Basia's choice of the lounge. Only Poles can appreciate the concept of balancing the taste of a chocolate brownie with a chocolate ice cream.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Not that a person pairing a chocolate brownie with white wine would care

(no offence to andywaw, just a lighthearted comment)
Old Feb 27, 2023, 5:50 am
Original Poster

To each his own.
I'd never touch or even get close to tea with milk, an abhorrent combination that British people seem to gladly enjoy. Perhaps best served with sausages and baked beans. Simply delicious.
hugolover and donotblink like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.