Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Can't Cancel My Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

I Can't Cancel My Award Booking

I'm trying to cancel a Lufthansa Miles and More award (operated by UA), but every time I get this message:

We were unable to retrieve this booking

The booking is listed, however, and there's even a booking code, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

How can I resolve this, short of spending an hour on the phone?

Would it be bad if I just leave the booking alone and become a no-show?

Would this ding my reputation with LH or UA?

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:25 pm

I assume you made the booking using MandM miles? Can you see the booking on the Lufthansa website at all? Is the system not finding your booking or are you not able to cancel after it shows your booking?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I assume you made the booking using MandM miles? Can you see the booking on the Lufthansa website at all? Is the system not finding your booking or are you not able to cancel after it shows your booking?
Yes, it's a Miles and More booking, as mentioned.

I can see the booking, but there's no option to cancel it. When I click on 'Download Booking', it takes me to a "Page not Found" link.
Also, there's no "Booking details" link, like in my other LH award.

Do I have to call to cancel?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

I just discovered a roundabout way to access my booking.
Apparently, there's no way to cancel online (like I cancelled my UA award in less than 1 minute). I have to contact my "service team member". LH still operates as if it's 1997.

I decided to just be a no-show. No way am I wasting time and enduring aggravation on the phone. This is ridiculous.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by joer1212
Apparently, there's no way to cancel online (like I cancelled my UA award in less than 1 minute). I have to contact my "service team member". LH still operates as if it's 1997.

I decided to just be a no-show. No way am I wasting time and enduring aggravation on the phone. This is ridiculous.
Yes, the IT is stuck in a time warp & when they upgrade anything it does’t work….. you need to call to get your miles back, you can even do that after departure on M&M awards
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, the IT is stuck in a time warp & when they upgrade anything it does’t work….. you need to call to get your miles back, you can even do that after departure on M&M awards
The thing is, the miles I used to book that award are now expired.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The thing is, the miles I used to book that award are now expired.
You can call & rebook during the same call, rebooking is currently free
weero likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you want to cancel an award and recover the miles you have to call in anyways. Did you even try or just assumed it is going to take more than 5 minutes?
SK AAR likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
As far as I know. Miles and More award bookings are only showed and can be edited on the Miles and More website. Not on LH and not on LH mobile App. It is a known "error / feature".
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Apparently, there's no way to cancel online (like I cancelled my UA award in less than 1 minute). I have to contact my "service team member". LH still operates as if it's 1997...
Most of the time, I have to call when I cancel a MileagePlus award .. basically everytime when it is operated by a not-owned-by-UA airline.

And the same for Miles&More awards. So it's not a 1997 thing IMO.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
Most of the time, I have to call when I cancel a MileagePlus award .. basically everytime when it is operated by a not-owned-by-UA airline.

And the same for Miles&More awards. So it's not a 1997 thing IMO.
Yes but which Year would you put LHG IT in ?

Not 2023, surely ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.