Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge arriving in JNB with Lufthansa First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Lounge arriving in JNB with Lufthansa First

When I arrive in Johannesburg as a First Class pax, can I use the Virgin lounge upon arrival? We have a late connecting flight to CPT or maybe check in domestic and go and use the Virgin on international dept?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by matore
When I arrive in Johannesburg as a First Class pax, can I use the Virgin lounge upon arrival? We have a late connecting flight to CPT or maybe check in domestic and go and use the Virgin on international dept?
LH & *A do not offer lounge access on arrival, lounge access depends on your departing flight, is this on one ticket ?
MichielR likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Doubt it will work, as there is a boarding pass control before transfer security as well as before regular security; you would need to pass either one to get into the international departures area to access the lounge.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Dont know yet if on one ticket so happy to here answer on both options
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by matore
Dont know yet if on one ticket so happy to here answer on both options
On separate tickets no way, on one very unlikely

Lounge access would be based on your departing BP ex JNB for CPT
Old Jan 4, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
If you are on SA from JNB-CPT, they have a Premium Class Lounge that you could use if you are in F or C on SA, or if you are Star Alliance Gold. So, if you buy one ticket LH F to JNB and SA C to CPT, you should have access to the SA lounge.

SAA Lounge Page

I should note that the SAA page doesn't seem to denote C access, but the StarAlliance lounge page does, so you may need to validate that. Others can probably confirm/deny this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:21 pm

In my experience when arriving in JNB you can only go to the international concourse with a connecting international flight.
Otherwise you need to pass thru immigration, pick up your luggage, go thru customs to the outside, walk over to the domestic side and check in there for your domestic flight and potentilly use a lounge on the domestic side.
If you have a few hours to kill you could walk over to the Intercontinental Hotel and spend some time in the restaurant there. The hotel is inside the airport and 3 min from international arrivals.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.