Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH F is a disgrace: related to the cost cutting [split off from F champagne thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH F is a disgrace: related to the cost cutting [split off from F champagne thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by RayG
I am surprised about the lack of Rare in the SKL F T3. I have been using that lounge regularly this year, my last flight was just last week and always had the PH Rare available to enjoy.

I had to request for Rare in the SKL F T2 and this was brought out without a fuss.
Yes, my experience also, SQ F lounges still have Piper Heidseick Rare Champagne, puts LHG lounges to shame ….
Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have seen maybe 6-8 different champagnes in MUC in the past 3 months or so. Not sure if they are experimenting and seeking customer feedback. I mean tell us what the budget is and we can recommend some decent champagnes. Vilmart Grand Cellier will be 40 EUR max and probably less than that for LH - there are decent mid-price champagnes that don’t break the bank. Ruinart BdB probably 60 EUR … there are good options that are not Louise pricing.
perrier jouvet is also a good champagne which is not louise money...
chris63 and athome like this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by chris63
They say they are buying what they can within the considerable limitations of the budget LH provides, the Staff are as disappointed as we are that Louise is gone, they do take a pride in their lounge and appreciated how much the Louise was liked, they always offered much cheaper Champagne from small houses, which helped because not all guests were aware of the difference

Certainly, they will not share details of the budget, for sure it would only confirm our worst fears about scrooge at LH.
I also mentioned that to the HON desk. Not acceptable to have the Louise cut in MUC.

Originally Posted by RayG
I am surprised about the lack of Rare in the SKL F T3. I have been using that lounge regularly this year, my last flight was just last week and always had the PH Rare available to enjoy.

I had to request for Rare in the SKL F T2 and this was brought out without a fuss.
Oh is it back then? That's fantastic news! Have not been in SIN yet this year.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Oh is it back then? That's fantastic news! Have not been in SIN yet this year.
It was only missing for a very short period of time. TPR features now three champagnes and you can drink what's offering in the Krissilver Lounge, First Class Lounge plus the Taittinger CdC 2012:

SQ FCL: Piper Heidsieck Rare
SQ TPR: Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2012 and Piper Heidsieck Rare
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:30 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Last week between HKG-FRA only one choice Champagne Alfred Gratien 2015 Cuvée Paradis....well for a retail price bottle between 85-100E it was awful like the catering , month after month it's going worst.
Tasteless Caviar even salmon eggs are better and poor quality dishes (tortellini with pumpkin cube for the 3rd choice).

Last edited by Abyssin; Feb 22, 2024 at 8:44 am
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS
I had not flown LH F in years. Arrived at a FRA B gate this week. Two PAs were waiting for 6 F Pax. One took me along to the A lounge. Nice I thought. But then the F experience consists of the PA riding with you on the public inter terminal bus?

Last week two PAs were waiting too, one took us from our Z gate to the passport control and then to the FCT as we had a connection few hours later.
Same happened last November but not in September.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Abyssin
Last week between HKG-FRA only one choice Champagne Alfred Gratien 2015 Cuvée Paradis....well for a retail price bottle between 85-100E it was awfull like the catering , month after month it's going worst.
Tasteless Caviar even salmon eggs are better and poor quality dishes (tortelini with pumkin cube for the 3rd choice).
Sure, just have a look at the Champagne thread… AG was on offer for 50 EUR, i would not be tempted even at that price, awful ….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.