Wiki Posts
Search

LO8400 / 06 DEC WAW-WAW Farewell flight to DH8

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LO8400 / 06 DEC WAW-WAW Farewell flight to DH8

Basia is selling a WAW-WAW sightseeing flight on 06DEC, flight LO8400 to say goodbye to the DH8.

I don't really get it, as the DH8 is in the system after this. It's a farewell flight...but not the last flight?

Aisle seats cost 50PLN, window 100PLN. Don't pay, sit on the wings? Not like there are any middle seats...

400PLN, by far one of the most profitable Dash flights Basia has ever sold
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Sorry to ask such an insensitive question in what is obviously a difficult emotional moment for LO, but who in the world is/will be nostalgic after the DH8?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, I agree. 22,542 PLN revenue for Basia based on all 78 seats sold.

When LH did the "Rundflug" what do they enter as the destination? Think of those test A380 flights, the Rostock ones, Northern Lights etc.

LO have done it as destination "XXX" and I think there's a better way to configure this. It won't open in Amadeus properly. Any ideas @oliver2002?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
who in the world is/will be nostalgic after the DH8?
Certainly not me. Back a few years ago (but even recently) they were also assigned to "longer" routes such as Zagreb, Belgrade and even Chișinău further south, resulting in a headache almost guaranteed. That being said, whilst not really the sort of aircraft for which you would organise a farewell event (solely my opinion here), it is also true that LOT has had them for "ages" thus I guess they somewhat represent part of the airline's identity or so to speak (a bit like Alitalia and its now-gone MD-80s).

G
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by hugolover
Basia is selling a WAW-WAW sightseeing flight on 06DEC, flight LO8400 to say goodbye to the DH8.
How many miles for the WAW-WAW flight on the revenue ticket?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LO frequently have lower fares in Y for POS PL… plus I find F can be open from other countries POS and it’s Z ex-PL.

I think using XXX is weird in Amadeus. Is there a fake airport code Amadeus say to use for practice or something like that?

Perhaps LH realised this would cause issues and they chose a real IATA than just some XXX.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andywaw
How many miles for the WAW-WAW flight on the revenue ticket?
Yes, told it does earn miles, dunno how many, RBD is Y however. Perhaps therefore 1000 or a special credit? LO8xxx is an earning flight number since 2021.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by gojko88
Sorry to ask such an insensitive question in what is obviously a difficult emotional moment for LO, but who in the world is/will be nostalgic after the DH8?
I am. Not necessarily for the experience of flying in them (which I find OK though and certainly better than ATRs, though a bit worse than most E-jets), but mainly for the fact that they are invariably replaced by larger jets in the puerile hunt for CASM without regard for market capacity.

What we end up with is small markets getting cut off from service, because while they could profitably fill a smaller turboprop, they will not be able to do the same with the jets.

At least LO has E170s of similar size (but higher cost), but OS for example went more than 50% largest for the smallest plane in fleet.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Did anyone book the flight to Fictitious Point/ZZ then? Fare basis YDASH400, flight LO8400 .
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Did anyone book the flight to Fictitious Point/ZZ then? Fare basis YDASH400, flight LO8400 .
I tried to look it up on LO website, didn't work.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I tried to look it up on LO website, didn't work.
The flight can only be booked on the phone, by calling the dedicated phone number.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:32 pm

Tuesday 6 DEC, departure at 1:45 PM (I'd need to take a day off to be able to make it), flight time 90 min, LOT advertises the flight "full of surprises", however they claim landing without the front gear is not planned.
The flight is already fully booked, it sold out within a few hours.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:35 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Let us know the most important thing, which is how it will credit! I'm aware that WAW to WAW is 0 miles, but then again, it's a Y fare... Also very interested to see if they will board by groups, SENs and *G first
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by andywaw
LOT advertises the flight "full of surprises"
Perhaps an aerial tour of Warsaw and its landmarks with a "close-up" on Pałac Kultury, Łazienki park together with a staged emergency landing in Babice/Bemowo...

G
gojko88 and iLied like this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Nov 22, 2022 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I think using XXX is weird in Amadeus. Is there a fake airport code Amadeus say to use for practice or something like that?

Perhaps LH realised this would cause issues and they chose a real IATA than just some XXX.
I’ve been on a similar flight that was filed as destination QZX before. Also see this old post:

QZX, the unknown destination!
hugolover and worldclubber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.